Game-Labs Forum

Liking your own post's !!?

I noticed that you can like your own post's (like giving youself a high five) and it ads up to a good poster status, this is very wrong imo?

Can you disable this to prevent mis-use? because i could just like all my post's (even if they are bad) and get a good poster status!

I like this to be the judgement of other forum users.

Edited by Jacob van Heemskerck

tumblr_m5ptnohCVL1rv21cwo1_400.jpg

But I must agree I've always been perplexed by my ability to "like" my own content. I mean, I wrote it so of course it's going to be brilliant. But it doesn't seem that the counter actually does anything other that give said person bragging rights.

I must confess however that I pride myself in have a 90% like ratio :P

Edited by William the Drake
  • Like 5

"Good Poster" status doesn't really mean anything on these forums.  Posters are judged on the basis of their content, not the count of their likes.   :)

It's not a big thing agree, but i like post's who have a good content and thus it's a judgement of their posted content. And if you look at someone's profile you can see if he made good post's, and worthy to look wat his good post's are.

liking your own post's makes the ''like this'' a bit useless. and like a said, ''I like this to be the judgement of other forum users.''

please think about to remove this option if it's possible? if not, so be it. it's not a big thing. but for improvement for the forum it would be great? imo

tumblr_m5ptnohCVL1rv21cwo1_400.jpg

But I must agree I've always been perplexed by my ability to "like" my own content. I mean, I wrote it so of course it's going to be brilliant. But it doesn't seem that the counter actually does anything other that give said person bragging rights.

I must confess however that I pride myself in have a 90% like ratio :P

it's been 15 minutes i read your post and noticed you liked your own post.

im still laughing, with tears in my eyes!!

Edited by Jacob van Heemskerck
  • Like 1