Game-Labs Forum

US - Tommy Shelby

Kutai

Long range hit does not mean long range damage

It is a common complaint that sometimes gave an impression that enemy exited even if it was hit at the last second - it happened due to non - penetrating hits or ricochets.

If you hit you may see a hit particle but it does not mean you did damage. If you upload the video it would be great to see what happened.

Also in the future please report such cases by F11 right from the battle. But based on your description we believe that you saw non-penetrating hits - as such tribunals or questions happened before. 

Regarding the in game chat questions on whether he (tommy shelby) Alt f4.

Ship stays in battle if you alt-f4. There was a rare bug before that allowed you to lottery your durability and not lose it in some cases (but your ship still stayed in battle). It is fixed now

A Random quote does not explain yourself. 

I have had my timer reset without hitting anything. I have also had my own cannons somehow hit my own ship when I fire them and reset my timer. Your own timer is not a 100% indicator of opponent's timer. I think it is hilarious you immediately assumed cheating.

Anyways, you got what you deserved for playing that way. Just highlights that the battle timer mechanic needs to be reworked on multiple levels. You shouldn't be able to hold someone in battle by peppering them totally ineffectively from max range, but you also shouldn't be able to blink out of battle right next to an enemy just because you haven't received a hit that does damage in 1:30.

• Like 1

A Random quote does not explain yourself. 

It does.

Admin, the one who is judge in tribunal cases, has stated that the cannonball frequently don't penetrate at these ranges. At the range you were shooting, which clearly is at the very maximum, you caliber gun didnt penetrate.

Timer get reset for you when you hit an enemy, but in order to reset the timer of an enemy you need to damage him. This means hitting + penetrating + doing damage.

• Like 1

We need video of you hitting him and the timer resetting from that.

Unfortunately this is when I changed over from live stream to record because I was rather excited that we were managing to beat a Santi in combat with our frigates so I wanted to record it. You can see that I hit him because the red timer on my screen shows 01:00. Which means I hit him 30 seconds ago and he has 60 seconds left until he can leave. I am sure the Admin will confirm his findings once he looks into it. 

Tommy Shelby was cleared from all accusations according to server logs (of course we expected it to happen)

Kuthara was shot at by the Player Sirzechs for small damage to sails which affected Kuthara's exit timer. 

Players should avoid making direct accusations like this especially if they don't know all mechanics and how they work. 

• Like 15

Lets use this example as a learning tool. We all should think twice about starting a tribunal until we are able to present the logs or video as proof. I think Kutai would not have been attacked for his accusation so much if he had presented his video in the first post.

I am frowning a little at Tommy's chat log though. When asked if the rats planned on doing anything the response was "nope" and that they were pirates getting drunk. It wasn't till Tommy challenged them on griefing that they started firing at him. So it appears that they may get out of a "griefing" charge because they ultimately did throw cannon balls toward Tommy but the intention seems clear enough that it wasn't their original plan.

We all need to realize that as much as griefing is tempting and no one wants to loose their ports, it really ruins the game play for all involved as the griefing will happen both ways if its allowed. If you want to prevent an enemy from reaching a battle then at least give an honest fight. If you start to loose you can still run most of the time.

• Like 1

Lets use this example as a learning tool. We all should think twice about starting a tribunal until we are able to present the logs or video as proof. I think Kutai would not have been attacked for his accusation so much if he had presented his video in the first post.

I am frowning a little at Tommy's chat log though. When asked if the rats planned on doing anything the response was "nope" and that they were pirates getting drunk. It wasn't till Tommy challenged them on griefing that they started firing at him. So it appears that they may get out of a "griefing" charge because they ultimately did throw cannon balls toward Tommy but the intention seems clear enough that it wasn't their original plan.

We all need to realize that as much as griefing is tempting and no one wants to loose their ports, it really ruins the game play for all involved as the griefing will happen both ways if its allowed. If you want to prevent an enemy from reaching a battle then at least give an honest fight. If you start to loose you can still run most of the time.

I think you will find we were constantly hitting him from the moment we started the battle. Unless you are saying that we sat there and did not fire at him for 30 minutes and then only begun once he spoke... if so why did he not leave. Your accusation is completely unfounded.

As the for the Tribunal I was asked to make this thread and then supply the video once I had it to hand and the administration had reviewed it.

Edited by Kutai

Tommy Shelby was cleared from all accusations according to server logs (of course we expected it to happen)

Kuthara was shot at by the Player Sirzechs for small damage to sails which affected Kuthara's exit timer.

Players should avoid making direct accusations like this especially if they don't know all mechanics and how they work.

Thank you for looking into this but I think that is quite frankly a shocking response from administration. I was asked to put this thread up and administration reviewed the video and said they could clearly see something was amiss and I should post the video on the Tribunal also.

Personally I think the Tribunal system is nothing short of a joke. Things like this should be submitted to administration and settled away from the heckling and interference of other players. I understand the idea was to make a place where players could serve judgement the upon other players. However in a competitive game with people having strong opinions and often grudges against other players it is near impossible to settle something like this in an unbiased fashion. It simply falls into squabbling and finger pointing across the board.

I apologise that I was mistake that Tommy had done anything wrong but he was also very quick to point the finger at me and brand all pirates as griefers.

I would like to add that I am not challenging the outcome. If that's what the logs say then that is fine. Just do not presume that I should know better about putting something of this forum when it was Admin that pointed me in its direction.

Edited by Kutai

I apologise that I was mistake that Tommy had done anything wrong but he was also very quick to point the finger at me and brand all pirates as griefers.

I appreciate the apology and as i said in the other thread i apologize as well for making the assumption that your intention was to grief me. 

Thank you for looking into this but I think that is quite frankly a shocking response from administration. I was asked to put this thread up and administration reviewed the video and said they could clearly see something was amiss and I should post the video on the Tribunal also.

Shocking? You asked us to investigate and you find our investigation shocking? Don't you think its strange?

Also We never said anything like this. Please re-read my messages in your PM box. We asked you to change the description of the video from cheating to something else and said we will investigate logs tomorrow. In the future please don't make up my words for me. Also disclosing personal communications with the administration is not allowed and is against clause 7 of the forum rules.

Personally I think the Tribunal system is nothing short of a joke. Things like this should be submitted to administration and settled away from the heckling and interference of other players. I understand the idea was to make a place where players could serve judgement the upon other players. However in a competitive game with people having strong opinions and often grudges against other players it is near impossible to settle something like this in an unbiased fashion. It simply falls into squabbling and finger pointing across the board.

Its a forum and a long standing pirate tradition to discuss issues in public. It also has been a long tradition here because its an alpha and we make rules together with the community. Perhaps you should familiarize yourself with older tribunals before making such "joke" qualitative statements. 

In short

Don't make me question my decision to help you Captain Kuthara

Topic locked

• Like 4