Game-Labs Forum

Captains of the Black Flag

Dear Mesdames and Sirs,

I can't start a topic but would like to put a shout out to the brave captain PenguOfIceland who flies the black. We met and battled a day ago off Key West, both of us in Frigates. Once I established he was going to fight an honorable battle and not be a bait ship for invisible ships lurking in an end of battle screen I gave him battle. He chose the rigging gambit, which nearly worked in his favor causing me to use a rigging repair much earlier then I wanted to and I never could crawl above 73% sails for the rest of the engagement. In a cunning last gasp he boarded my vessel as the waves were lapping his gunwales and the melee was the longest I've ever endured. In the end I was victorious but only by the narrowest of margins, salute.

I fear I don't remember whether the gentleman was of a guild/clan, I am in the hopes you fine gentlemen can relay my salute to his valor.

Regards,

[FFL] Geoffroi_Bonfils

Espana

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Damn you and your hard-sell recruiting tactics, Pagan Pete, you scurvy dog!

You're the closest thing I've got to a personal hero in this game and I feel the Black call to me every time I read your chats or see you plundering up and down the East Coast.

Must... resist... I don't want to become the next Little Willy after all :)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Saw your interview with jeheil, it spurred me into a thought frenzy that's probably going to keep me up all night. It's not really a bad thing, I just wish I'd started with the black right of the bat. 
Anyways, I just wanted to say that it seems like you guys have a fantastic community, where loyalty and camraderie comes natural. Keep up the fantastic work! Also: This game needs more roleplaying opportunities.

Cheers!

• Like 2

Saw your interview with jeheil, it spurred me into a thought frenzy that's probably going to keep me up all night. It's not really a bad thing, I just wish I'd started with the black right of the bat. 

Anyways, I just wanted to say that it seems like you guys have a fantastic community, where loyalty and camraderie comes natural. Keep up the fantastic work! Also: This game needs more roleplaying opportunities.

Cheers!

have a rum, matey! [_]P

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Aye Cap'n, I be back from me journeys on the high seas.

I used to be a Cap'n meself who sailed under the black flag with ye, a long time ago...

I be wishin to sign on with ye crew once more to offer me hands to pull the ropes and ram the cannons.

Would ye take an old Cap'n lookin to ye strong crew?

• 2 weeks later...

since there is no Emeralds in the game ( why not !!!!) I'll be silver hunting instead..

Caught me self a lovely Spanish trader last night and when i toasted the little runt over board i went below deck and found walnut oil !!

bring on the ladies ,I'll be smothering myself in that tonight lads ..Yarr *he shouts firing his pistols*

• Like 1

For all those that believe such things, and I was told this by a fellow that does, not that myself do not although I might, that no less than three flagons or grog times three of three different regions and from three different taverns, and this makes you sail a lot if I may say so, a disproportionate manatee shall come to you in dreams and tell you about the location of a certain and rather striking voluptuous mermaid that shall, in due time, for she may or may not strike a liking of a captain of a certain vessel, show the undisclosed route of a vessel, the route, I fear, might be concealed within a siren song lyrics, coming from the ocean beyond the Good Hope.

Some other fellow told that a cutlass fish must be kept alive the entire journey on the hold, just to make the entire subject a tad more clear, so he did claim he did. I mean, for all those that might believe such things, that is.

Hope it helps.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

For all those that believe such things, and I was told this by a fellow that does, not that myself do not although I might, that no less than three flagons or grog times three of three different regions and from three different taverns, and this makes you sail a lot if I may say so, a disproportionate manatee shall come to you in dreams and tell you about the location of a certain and rather striking voluptuous mermaid that shall, in due time, for she may or may not strike a liking of a captain of a certain vessel, show the undisclosed route of a vessel, the route, I fear, might be concealed within a siren song lyrics, coming from the ocean beyond the Good Hope.

Some other fellow told that a cutlass fish must be kept alive the entire journey on the hold, just to make the entire subject a tad more clear, so he did claim he did. I mean, for all those that might believe such things, that is.

Hethwill. It's apparent that you've been eating those wild mushrooms from the Carolina's.

By the way, you looked better in a U.S. uniform! : )

Captiva

Edited by Captiva
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Hethwill said:

Hope it helps.

*Emerald Jack reaches out and pours Ctp Hethwill another drink* 

• Like 2