Game-Labs Forum

Steam Controller

KyleGus

I noticed that there are not any Steam Controller layouts for this game yet, which surprises me. The question I have is will the developers be coming up with a recommended layout or leave it up to the community to come up with layouts for it?

After some trial and error I came up with one that works, but I have a feeling its far from optimal.  I tried posting it publicly, but didn't see it show up, does it take some time for the layouts to show up or should it be instant, or is this a feature that has to wait until the beta release?

I noticed that there are not any Steam Controller layouts for this game yet, which surprises me. The question I have is will the developers be coming up with a recommended layout or leave it up to the community to come up with layouts for it?

After some trial and error I came up with one that works, but I have a feeling its far from optimal.  I tried posting it publicly, but didn't see it show up, does it take some time for the layouts to show up or should it be instant, or is this a feature that has to wait until the beta release?

To avoid spam all posts need to be approved for new users.

• Like 1

After some trial and error I came up with one that works, but I have a feeling its far from optimal. I tried posting it publicly, but didn't see it show up, does it take some time for the layouts to show up or should it be instant, or is this a feature that has to wait until the beta release?

To answer the question, chances are there will be a suggested layout if there is any demand. I personally can't see using a controller being anything but a hindrance once you get more than one mast.

Edit: I'm basing my answer off of pretty much every game ever. I can't think of one example of a game that supported a controller but didn't offer a default layout or selection of layouts.

Edited by poison