Game-Labs Forum

US players (BoomSplat) and Dedo1911 (pirate) tOXIC BEHAVIOR

Dedo1911 is tagging other pirates inside the Mortimer Town protected area so the US (Boomsplat) and others can avoid defense fleet mechanic.  I was coming into MT to quit for the night and sent a personal message to BOOMSPAT asking him not to attack me B/C i was quiting for the night - I was very polite.  reply was:  "i have a present for you!"  I was inside the protected area and got tagged.

Then DEDO1911 was in the battle and sailed right up against me and would not let me turn to leave without - blocking my exit.

Horrible behavior form the "Tattered Flags" group - I think they signed the code of conduct????  yeah right!!

This is another example in a very long list that goes way back of the pirate vs. pirate mechanic being abused to exploit game mechanics. I'm a bit disappointed that TF would do this sort of thing but was in chat while it was going down and from what Nancy explained was going on it left very little doubt in my mind. Nancy is sailing back to MT well inside the capital protected waters when Dedo (another pirate) engages the US player thus preventing the defense fleet mechanic from working....all nearby pirates (Nancy) are sucked into the battle. Then two more US players join and Dedo further assists by blocking Nancy from sailing. This is how I understood it took place as he described while it was happening. However, I obviously was not in the battle myself but Nancy has always come across as a straight shooter.

As I recall, you said that you were logging off for the night to wrap presents. My reply "I've got a present for you!" was a play on the situational words, nothing toxic about that. As I was tailing you back to Mortimer Town I was indeed attacked by one of your players in a Yacht. As a result of this, you were sucked in to a battle. In the battle you were pursued and shot at using bow chasers. The Yacht in question crossed your path, causing you to crash in to it. It then made it's way over to my position and consistently shot at me.

There are no rules here that have been broken, at no point did my attitude go beyond an acceptable level of banter/smack talk. This tribunal is meaningless.

Attacking a national player to bring a enemy nation player into a battle is against the rules (even if you are a pirate). 

This is definitely griefing and is not allowed

Boomsplat has already been warned for other offenses

Dedo has just served his ban for personal attacks and was warned as damage farming suspect. 

If no acceptable explanation will be provided I would suggest banning both from Boomsplat from chat forever for participation in seal clubbing around starting towns and banning dedo from the game for griefing and potential exploiting. 

Don't forget that reporting exploiters and griefers will make the game better and cleaner. We don't want them here.

• Like 3

I did not in any way instruct Dedo to attack Naughty Nancy O'Malley. Dedo had attacked us a number of times, pulling in himself, AI, as well as other players. Our sole purpose here is to test the game, finding any potential issues and flaws in the games mechanics. Clearly, this mechanic needs to be amended in some way or another.

This will be my last message before I travel home for Christmas. I will not be able to respond, so you will have to make a judgement call. I will return in the New Year, if you decide to punish me for something that is out of my control, then I am afraid you will loose a very dedicated and passionate player.

I did not in any way instruct Dedo to attack Naughty Nancy O'Malley. Dedo had attacked us a number of times, pulling in himself, AI, as well as other players. Our sole purpose here is to test the game, finding any potential issues and flaws in the games mechanics. Clearly, this mechanic needs to be amended in some way or another.

We usually overreact when we see reports like that and in this case this happened for 2 reasons

• Dedo1911 was reported for potential exploiting several times
  • He also was reported for interfering with normal combat between 2 nations

Because of that it seemed that you were acting in unison. 

Circumventing the protection mechanic is not allowed.

We would like to protect rookies of all nations at least for some time and experienced players of high military rank should avoid fighting in protected waters if this can affect players of much lower rank.

I am awaiting for my transport to arrive, so I have some time to reply.

I thank you for your time and understanding. An assumption was made based on the information that you had available to you at the time, however I hope now it is clear that what was assumed was not indeed the case. Your rational is understandable, protecting the new players from an unfair experience is necessary.

While this thread is still open, could you please confirm to me what exactly is considered "griefing"? I would be very interested to hear your views on the definition.

Edited by B4NGSPL4T

While this thread is still open, could you please confirm to me what exactly is considered "griefing"? I would be very interested to hear your views on the definition.

roman law system.  we take it case by case and adjust the ruleset (or game code) accordingly

but our view is this

on attacking rookies

attacking rookies in their main spawn port is not a proper behavior

protection fleet allows them to escape in most cases

if someone finds the way to circumvent this it should be reported 

on griefing

there are 2 sides in battle: green (friendlies) and red (enemies) - which you can see in the Tab interface

Deliberate interfering with friendlies is not allowed in any form and is against the rules. Sinking green is not allowed.

To proceed further formal evidence is needed (screens or videos). Otherwise this topic will be locked and hidden.

• Like 1

Understood, glad we cleared that up.

What about ganking? A military rule of thumb is that an attacking force should be at a ratio of 3:1 to that of the defensive force. However I don't think this rule works very well in game. I witnessed a US player in a Frigate be attacked by 15 enemy ships (which included several Constitution's and Trincommolees).

Realistically 2 good captains can defeat a single enemy player of thea ship 1 class above (2 Cerbs vs 1 Frig, 2 Frigs vs 1 3rd Rate etc).

Is there some way of expanding on the current 4:1 BR anti-griefing rule? For example, not allowing much larger ships to join in a battle against smaller ships unless there is a numerous amount.

I'm just throwing some ideas out here... It is a tricky mechanic to work out, maybe it does need am mending, maybe it doesn't. I guess we will see.