Game-Labs Forum

I love you guys, but please make it so that you can completely destroy artillery units during a charge.

I just watched my confederate troops run over a Union Artillery. The troop number dropped all the way down to 14, but with over a minute of running back and forth after that my Confederate troops could not find the last 14 troops. Overall, I love the buff in charge mechanics and morale. But the effect is nullified if you cannot crush enemy units when you manage to catch them isolated like that and give them semi-invincibility until they can return to the Union lines.

So your saying that in the real life situation in battle that there were those who did not managed to evade and escape a charge and make it back under stealth  sometimes to their safe lines to fight another day.

It doesn't matter what happens in a 'real war.' This is a game. I can sit here and literally look at my watch, watching for a full minute of gametime for my infantry unit scrambling to find the last 14 men of the artillery unit after they have COMPLETELY OVERRAN THEIR POSITION. If you guys want to argue realism, it's not realistic for 14 men to be isolated, dragging a huge cannon behind them, be in my unit's LOS so that they can chase them and circle around the cannon like a bunch of indians...yet for some reason my own troops cannot work up the gaul to kill them.

Total annihilation should, obviously, be acceptable under those circumstances.

GrandGeneralRevshawn,

while I stand by what I wrote before, I agree that units which are overrunning positions like artillery ones shouldn't waste time trying to annihilate those enemy units to the last man (if this means that they can't be employed for other tasks such as attacking other targets).

So you're right about that - when a unit is "destroyed" in game terms it should be considered as "not existing" by enemy units (and friendly ones alike, in fact) i.e. it should not constitute a hindrance for troops who'd better turn their attention immediately to other targets.

Edited by IheardITthruTHEgrapeshot