Game-Labs Forum

Dutch Ship Collection (With Plans)

okay. one more:

search this homepage. If you cannot find the vessel in there I am afraid you wont find it anyways:

https://www.rijksmuseum.nl/en/search?q=frigate&ii=0&p=1

(It might be that you actually wont find it because of different counrty settings to your browser and then I am sorry about what I said. I had this happen with steel and me)

also iI had a pretty good day: https://skfb.ly/YXMH

All right. you got it at last ;) I am a bit surprised you did not find this  model here: https://www.rijksmuseum.nl/en/collection/NG-MC-663

Today I wasted a lot time in blender. I put a name onto her. And Carronades. And other stuff.

I will be doing a seperate thread about this vessel once I am ready to. means the bowsection needs more detail and some stuff on the deck is missing. ship bell ant the like.

The sketchfab link still works.

I swear to God if the devs make the Dutch ships a kickstarter/go fund me campaign to get implemented i will quit. Absolutely not. PUT YOUR GAME ON SALE ONCE IN A WHILE and you will see purchases skyrocket. 

Edited by OneEyedSnake

I doubt your protest will influence how GameLabs manages/funds its own game.

As has been pointed out by admin and other players, they've more than fulfilled their Greenlight commitment on ships. It's actually 4x over the original statement which was for only 8.  Steam Greenlight page  We have 38 now. More actually but I didn't count trader versions of combat ships separately.  I'd say that's more than generous and a very good return on investment for the money we paid.

The free ride of extra ships is over, it was nice while it lasted.

Edited by Angus McGregor

I for one bought the game because of the inclusion of Dutch ships (remember the poster with each ship by nationality?); though it turned out to be a Swedish ship.  Also, I voted for a Dutch ship in the 2015 poll, it won; we got a Swedish ship.  Just because you got the ship you wanted doesn't mean we don't deserve a ship!

• Like 2

On 1/19/2017 at 7:48 PM, Angus McGregor said:

I doubt your protest will influence how GameLabs manages/funds its own game.

As has been pointed out by admin and other players, they've more than fulfilled their Greenlight commitment on ships. It's actually 4x over the original statement which was for only 8.  Steam Greenlight page  We have 38 now. More actually but I didn't count trader versions of combat ships separately.  I'd say that's more than generous and a very good return on investment for the money we paid.

The free ride of extra ships is over, it was nice while it lasted.

i am not talking about greenlighting. go read their latest announcement. they now want money per ship to introduce them into the game.  and "extra ships" bud. The dutch have cero. zero. nada. none. 0. Despite being voted to be put in, despite this incredible page with models already built. despite all of that none. 

Edited by OneEyedSnake

21 minutes ago, Stephan_Vroom said:

Guess this one will  be for nothing than ;) 

15940922_1236679676387085_70821898489677

15965348_1235786946476358_12496552930513

15894688_1235030629885323_39756675587370

my point exactly! there are all these models being made by awesome players that are getting close to being finished and they want to beg for money? frustrating. 

But anyways, very beautiful! Id love to have a few to sail around and shoot people with :lol:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Its a great source, especially for general background of dutch shipbuilding.

A well written, documented and rearched piece. I can attest to have spend more hours reading that than im willing to admit.

Im also planning to add some more plans, but im also thinking of adding information such as dimensions, armament, draught and history for ships. This will be a massive undertaking but im looking for a challange.

To be fair, i have collected that information for quite some ships already and i figured people would enjoy having access to that as well.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 21-1-2017 at 8:34 AM, OneEyedSnake said:

i am not talking about greenlighting. go read their latest announcement. they now want money per ship to introduce them into the game.  and "extra ships" bud. The dutch have cero. zero. nada. none. 0. Despite being voted to be put in, despite this incredible page with models already built. despite all of that none. 

well, it seems all the work on the forums is for nothing...

plenty of plans, but no dutch ships in the game,

well, let's see what a drain that will give in the game from the players who lose interest.

if the devs do not care, what kind of nations (ships) are in the game,(because of the no attachment to any nation thought themselves)

why aren't there no dutch ships in the game then, we asked for them many times,

its seems they deliberate ignore we were a (big) naval force in that time period

the question remains, is all this work and recommendation, for nothing?

Edited by Thonys

• 3 months later...
On 24-4-2017 at 2:36 AM, Thonys said:

well, it seems all the work on the forums is for nothing...

plenty of plans, but no dutch ships in the game,

well, let's see what a drain that will give in the game from the players who lose interest.

if the devs do not care, what kind of nations (ships) are in the game,(because of the no attachment to any nation thought themselves)

why aren't there no dutch ships in the game then, we asked for them many times,

its seems they deliberate ignore we were a (big) naval force in that time period

the question remains, is all this work and recommendation, for nothing?

I still got my hopes up for a Dutch ship, and it must be!

A ingame nation deserves a ship of it's own nation or 2 (a frigate and a ship of the line). 

As i read the "De zeven provincien" is very very sadly not going to be included, because of her age, dispite she going to fit very wel into the game! 

But as Steelsandwich and others are showing, there are a lot of other Dutch ship's that wil go well. 

I'm still voting for our beloved Flagship De Zeven Provinicien! 

On 7-8-2017 at 6:57 AM, Jacob van Heemskerck said:

I still got my hopes up for a Dutch ship, and it must be!

A ingame nation deserves a ship of it's own nation or 2 (a frigate and a ship of the line). 

As i read the "De zeven provincien" is very very sadly not going to be included, because of her age, dispite she going to fit very wel into the game! 

But as Steelsandwich and others are showing, there are a lot of other Dutch ship's that wil go well. 

I'm still voting for our beloved Flagship De Zeven Provinicien! 

Кроме того, в Руссише

zeven-provincien

Embleem

Het embleem toont in keel (= rood) een gouden leeuw. Met een kroon van 3 bladeren en 2 paarlen van hetzelfde, getongd en genageld van azuur. In de opgeheven rechtervoorklauw een ontbloot zwaard van zilver met gouden gevest. En in de linker een bundel van zilveren pijlen met de punten omhoog. Het ontwerp is ontleend aan het generaliteitswapen van de Republiek der Zeven Verenigde Nederlanden.

def s just pick one you  cant miss the ship

De naam De Zeven Provinciën werd in de loop van de eeuwen voor 8 marineschepen gebruikt:

1 De Zeven Provinciën 1643-1659 Admiraliteit (Dit betekent marine) van Amsterdam, linieschip van 32-48 stukken (een stuk is een kanon).

2 De Zeven Provinciën 1665-1667 Dit schip werd ook wel "De verenigde Provinciën" of "De Provinciën" genoemd. Admiraliteit van Amsterdam,linieschip van 48 stukken. In 1667 werd de naam veranderd in Sint Jan Baptista.

3 De Zeven Provinciën 1665-1694 Admiraliteit van de Maze. Linieschip van 80 stukken. Tot 1674 was dit het vlaggenschip van Michiel de Ruyter.

4 De Zeven Provinciën 1694-1706 Admiraliteit van de Maze, linieschip van 92 stukken. Nadat het schip in 1705 strandde bij de Maasmond, werd het een jaar later als wrak verkocht.

5 De Zeven Provinciën 1782-1794 Admiraliteit van het Noorderkwartier, linieschip van 74 stukken. Dit schip werd in 1794 voor de sloop verkocht.

6 De Zeven Provinciën 1909-1936 Koninklijke Marine, pantserdekschip. In 1933 breekt muiterij uit op dit schip en de regering laat dit schip bombarderen. In 1937 krijgt het schip een andere naam Hr.Ms.(betekent:Hare Majesteit)Soerabaia en wordt het gebruikt als opleidingsschip. In 1942 zinkt het schip, door een aanval van Japanse vliegtuigen,vlakbij de haven van Soerabaja(dit is bij Oost-Java)

7 De Zeven Provinciën 1939-1976 Koninklijke Marine, kruiser. Dit schip heette in 1939 eerst "Kijkduin". In 1940 "Eendracht" :en in 1945 werd het "de Ruyter"genoemd. In 1950 werd het hernoemd als "De Zeven Provinciën".

In 1976 werd het schip verkocht aan Peru, daar werd het hernoemd als Aguirre. In 2001 is het schip gesloopt.

8 De Zeven Provinciën 1997-.... Koninklijke Marine, luchtgeleiding- en commandofregat(LCF). Werd in april 2002 in dienst genomen.

The name The Seven Provinces was used for 8 naval ships over the centuries:

1 The Seven Provinces 1643-1659 Admiralty (This means navy) of Amsterdam, a 32-48 liner ship (one piece is a cannon).

2 The Seven Provinces 1665-1667 This ship was also called "The united Provinces" or "The Provinces." Admiralty of Amsterdam, 48-liner ship. In 1667 the name changed to Sint Jan Baptista.

3 The Seven Provinces 1665-1694 Maze Admiralty. Liner ship of 80 pieces. Until 1674 this was the flagship of Michiel de Ruyter.

4 The Seven Provinces 1694-1706 Admiralty of the Maze, 92-ship linership. After the ship moored at the Maasmond in 1705, it was sold as a wreck a year later.

5 The Seven Provinces 1782-1794 Admiralty of the Noorderkwartier, 74-liner ship. This ship was sold in 1794 before the demolition.

6 The Seven Provinces 1909-1936 Royal Navy, Armored Ship. In 1933, mice broke out on this ship and the government let this ship bombard. In 1937, the ship received another name Hr.Ms. (means: Her Majesty) Soerabaia and is used as a training ship. In 1942 the ship, due to an attack by Japanese aircraft, is sinking near the port of Sabaabaja (this is East Java)

7 The Seven Provinces 1939-1976 Royal Navy, cruiser. This ship was called "Kijkduin" in 1939. In 1940, "Eendracht": and in 1945 it was called the Ruyter. In 1950 it was renamed as "The Seven Provinces". In 1976, the ship was sold to Peru, where it was renamed as Aguirre. In 2001 the ship was demolished.

8 The Seven Provinces 1997 -.... Royal Navy, Air Guidance and Command Attorney (LCF). Was commissioned in April 2002.

Имя Семи Областей использовались на протяжении веков для восьми морских суден:
1 Семь провинций 1643-1659 Адмиралтейство (Это означает, что военно-морской флот) Амстердам, гильза 32-48 штук (один кусок пистолет).
2 Семь провинций от 1665 до 1667, этот корабль был назван «Объединенные Провинции» или «Провинции». Амстердам Адмиралтейство, вкладыш 48 штук. В 1667 году название было изменено в Санкт-Ян Баптиста.
3 Семь провинций 1665-1694 Адмиралтейские из лабиринта. Линия Ship 80 штук. До 1674 это был флагман Рюйтер.
4 Семь провинций 1694-1706 Адмиралтейский Лабиринт, вкладыш 92 штук. После того, как корабль на мели в 1705 году в устье реки Маас, это был год спустя продал развалину.
5 Семь провинций 1782-1794 Адмиралтейские Северного квартала, гильза 74 штук. Это судно было продано на металлолом в 1794 году.
6 Семь провинций 1909-1936 Королевского флота, защищенный крейсер. В 1933 году вспыхнуло восстание бомбить корабль и правительство пусть этот корабль. В 1937 году судно будет переименован в HMS (означает Ее Величество) Сурабая и используется в качестве учебного судна. В 1942 году судно тонет, нападение японской авиации, недалеко от порта Сурабая (это в Восточной Яве)
7 Семь провинций 1939-1976 Королевского военно-морского флота крейсер. Этот корабль был первым назвал в 1939 году «Kijkduin». В 1940 году «Единство», а в 1945 году был назван «де Рюйтер». В 1950 году она была переименована в «Семь провинций».
В 1976 году судно было продано в Перу, так как она была переименована в Агирре. В 2001 году потерпел крушение корабля.
8 Семь провинций 1997 -.... Royal Navy, luchtgeleiding- и команда фрегата (LCF). Был принят на работу в апреле 2002 года.

1782 zeven provinces thats in your timeframe

post-10611-0-45783800-1473513165.jpg

Edited by Thonys

19 minutes ago, BungeeLemming said:

Here you go:

;)

Better a good copie than badly stolen ;).

As for ingame for namesake I would choose the 7 Provinciën (1782) although not famous for battle nor sailing qualities she bears the name which is famous and infamous both inside and outside the community. Ofcourse a first charter/1st or 2nd rate ship would be better I think this would make the 3 rate/2nd charter atm more interesting apart from the victory points u need to acquire for the Bellona besides the generic 3 rate.

*pointing out the obvious here*

There is an massive amount of data on ships of all sizes. Both ships with a cool history as well as lesser known vessels.

There a few who can attest to the effort which i and others put into this to the full extend. Given all that, it feels pointless to continue the debate on which we deem to serve or history best. The lack of commitment as well as disproportionate interest in other nations makes any further effort futile.

To broaden the point im trying to make, have a look at the shipyard. Somr of the most knowledgable people i had the pleasure of meeting were active here. By a country mile the most polite and constructive section of the entire forum. The sheer amount of data here is insane. It's an utter and utter waste of oppertunity.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SteelSandwich said:

*pointing out the obvious here*

There is an massive amount of data on ships of all sizes. Both ships with a cool history as well as lesser known vessels.

There a few who can attest to the effort which i and others put into this to the full extend. Given all that, it feels pointless to continue the debate on which we deem to serve or history best. The lack of commitment as well as disproportionate interest in other nations makes any further effort futile.

To broaden the point im trying to make, have a look at the shipyard. Somr of the most knowledgable people i had the pleasure of meeting were active here. By a country mile the most polite and constructive section of the entire forum. The sheer amount of data here is insane. It's an utter and utter waste of oppertunity.

Just a Idea and please dont take it in a wrong way, but has anyone tried to model one of thoose beautys himself? I think the Endymion and Indie were created by a community member correct me if iam wrong. So that could make the chance in seeing one of this ships bigger :)

26 minutes ago, Lonar said:

Just a Idea and please dont take it in a wrong way, but has anyone tried to model one of thoose beautys himself? I think the Endymion and Indie were created by a community member correct me if iam wrong. So that could make the chance in seeing one of this ships bigger :)

Several hull models have bren completed so far.

Admiraal the ruyter, 80-gun config.

Venus, 20 something gun corvet

Hekla, mortar brig

Eurieice, beautifull and interesting 36-isch gun frigate.

Wip hull model for the 54gun delft.

To name a few.