Game-Labs Forum

I would like to see the inclusion of some sign of life when in port and when at sea in Open World.

There are excellent sound effects when in Battle mode i.e. cannon firing, crew sounds, bosun's whistle. The game comes to life in a beautiful way when in this mode.The complete opposite happens when in port or at sea in Open World. They are as solitary and sterile as could possibly be when compared to Battle mode. I'd like to see the devs insert some evidence of sign of life when in these two environments. 

I'm not suggesting the sound of a marching band in a parade when in port, or the sounds of an all-you-can-drink rum party when at sea, but something very subtle being heard in the background. 

When in port maybe the sound of small waves breaking along the shore. A random seagull here and there. The sound of a ships bell now and then.  

While sailing in Open World, why not have the same sounds of the crew milling about on deck that we have when in battle? I'd like to hear the bosun's whistle once and awhile, the ringing at 4 bells, 8 bells etc. synchronized to the compressed time when at sea. Just something to bring these two environments up to par with the environment that we experience when in battle.

Edited by Captiva
  • Like 4

I think, OW being a newer addition to the game, they're more focused on the gameplay aspects, economy, and coming port battle mechanics than the immersion factor as it pertains to OW.

I'm sure, that as the game's mechanics and gameplay become more fleshed out, we'll be seeing more of what you're asking for here. If you haven't by now, go take a look at the Naval Action Facebook page, they've got some concept art on there which I think gives an idea of what they someday hope to have ports etc. look like.

Example: 10372937_332541546903770_560103400922627