Game-Labs Forum

gamover using board exploit and hacking the game and tommy shelby streamsniping and using exploits on free cam to see where everyone is on open world

livineater

gamover is using exploits and hacks to win battle against players he actually streamed hacks not long ago

tommy shelby is camping jereme as soon as he gets on using a exploit with free cam to see where everyone on the open world is and is streamsniping people to find and attack them with multiple ppl like ragnar gamover coolbord 9  he and the us are griefing british player for over 2 weeks now

• Like 1

gamover is using exploits and hacks to win battle against players he actually streamed hacks not long ago

tommy shelby is camping jereme as soon as he gets on using a exploit with free cam to see where everyone on the open world is and is streamsniping people to find and attack them with multiple ppl like ragnar gamover coolbord 9  he and the us are griefing british player for over 2 weeks now

Lesson learnt then DONT STREAM because unscrupulous players will use every means to get one over on you....

• Like 3

If you're streaming, chances are, you're going to get "streamsniped".  The answer to this is simply not to stream, or to accept the fact that by streaming, you are broadcasting crucial intelligence about your whereabouts and capabilities to the entire planet.  Mr. Shelby has already apologized for streamsniping you in a post here in the Tribunal.

To my knowledge, watching someone's stream to gain intelligence on them is not against the rules.

With regards to using Open World Exploits, you will need proof in the form of screen-shotted evidence of Mr. Shelby admitting that he was wrongfully utilizing bugs to gain an unfair advantage.  At the least, please submit an in game report (F11) of the exact steps required to use such an exploit.

Without screen shot evidence presented, this post will be locked in 48 hours.

Thank you.

• Like 3

aha streamsniping is illigal ask twitch employees and u are saying dont stream it ahh its comercial for ur game and u know it so by saying that u denie urself allot of comercial and promotion 

its using a outside source to gain advantages in game a.k.a cheating and how am i able to screenshotting him if he uses that exploit and its not that itsa 1v aloot of players he is knowingly camping a port so noone can enter without being sunk by his group

• Like 3

I have fought Gameover several times and beaten him.  He isn't hacking.  I have seen him taking on quite a bit of players and he is pretty good, or at least games the system, but don't most of us?

TDA has a bounty on his head for killing TDA members, and I don't exactly like him, but I can assure you he isn't hacking, and according to the devs hacking isn't possible. 

Anyone accusing others of hacking without evidence is a poor sport and can't take a loss.

aha streamsniping is illigal ask twitch employees and u are saying dont stream it ahh its comercial for ur game and u know it so by saying that u denie urself allot of comercial and promotion

its using a outside source to gain advantages in game a.k.a cheating and how am i able to screenshotting him if he uses that exploit and its not that itsa 1v aloot of players he is knowingly camping a port so noone can enter without being sunk by his group

Sorry, it is not illegal. What are you going to charge Tommy Shelby with? I've stream sniped in the past (only because the person's foul mouth). What law have I broken? Point it out.

You need to learn to be able to take a defeat.

If you're streaming, chances are, you're going to get "streamsniped". The answer to this is simply not to stream, or to accept the fact that by streaming, you are broadcasting crucial intelligence about your whereabouts and capabilities to the entire planet. Mr. Shelby has already apologized for streamsniping you in a post here in the Tribunal.

To my knowledge, watching someone's stream to gain intelligence on them is not against the rules.

With regards to using Open World Exploits, you will need proof in the form of screen-shotted evidence of Mr. Shelby admitting that he was wrongfully utilizing bugs to gain an unfair advantage. At the least, please submit an in game report (F11) of the exact steps required to use such an exploit.

Without screen shot evidence presented, this post will be locked in 48 hours.

Thank you.

There isn't anything that can be done about stream sniping. How can it be proven? And anyway, the person is streaming. That is their choice. They can turn it off. I don't see how it is even unsportsmanlike. The enemy give you their plans and access to their comms system and you aren't supposed to use it against them? Tell that to the Allies in both World Wars.

• Like 3

Twitch Employees have absolutely no jurisdiction here.   I'll add that such a rule is simply unenforceable - anyone that happens upon you could be accused of stream sniping with absolutely no way to prove or disprove that they were (unless they, themselves, admit it).

Stream all you want, but I'll again say that if you do so, you are opening yourself up to people knowing where you are and what you're sailing.  Stream at your own risk.

If there are a group of people outside of a port you're using on a regular basis, common sense if you don't want to fight them regularly is to move to another port.  They have just as much right to be there as you do, and they're playing the same game with the same rules that you are.

Finally, I am a volunteer Forum Moderator, not a Game-Labs staff member.  This isn't "my game" any more than it is "your game".  

• Like 4

there is proof everything was recorded he was even trolling on the stream by saying hahaha u should of used streamdelay and now their posting tda propaganda on the chat and i dont think locking players in ports and forcing to move port everytime is what this game is about

• Like 1

there is proof everything was recorded he was even trolling on the stream by saying hahaha u should of used streamdelay and now their posting tda propaganda on the chat and i dont think locking players in ports and forcing to move port everytime is what this game is about

As already said, Streamsniping and using the free cam as a scout are all currently not controlled (or will ever be) however trolling can be enforced, only if proved!

• Like 1

This is where you report players for in game violations that are not related to the contents of chat (e.g. abusive or profane language used towards another player).  The community is also able to weigh in on these threads on whether or not they think there was a violation of the rules and what they think a suitable punishment, if any, would be.

• Like 2

Im not sure where you get your information Livineater but making false accusations is not a laughing matte to me. I have never been in a battle with Tommy, so I don't know how I could be griefing you with him. Moreover I got my game key on Friday so there is no way I could have been doing it for weeks. To say as much is simply false. If you would like to see how I play, check out my recordings on Twitch, or come see me live @ Twitch.tv/cooolbord9 (I dont complain about PVP :D)

Cordially,

Coolbord9

• Like 2

ivineater

At first, a bit more punctuation plz. At second - I hoped there will be some screenshots... for having a bit more fun. I can post some, but only with yours bad manners. I hunted in this area for a long time, and pvp here. So I had little fight with Tommy and then saw figth US vs Brits near me, and sure I joined it... vs Brits ofc, because so much time was tryed gang by them. So what streamsniping here? And btw, I'm streaming sometimes too. Do it with hacks, ofc =)

P.S. About "board exploit" - if you are making mistakes and let me board you (and it's like free win, because you always wrong with commands) - it's only your mistakes, I think.

• Like 3

If you stream, you say where you are to the entire game... It's your business, no cheat here.

For the free camera in Open World... It's a feature of the game. A bad feature but all player can use this. No cheat, indeed.

You are unluncky and a Wolf Pack attack you and eat you... Don't worry, it's juste a game, the situation will be better for you next time. :)

Edited by Lestan de Lioncourt
  • Like 1

where can i find the admins/devs to report?

tribunal is the right place

1) There are no rules against or for stream sniping currently as it is new. This is a perfect place to discuss potential for this rule and make a decision.

2) Boarding exploits don't exist. Players fitting their ship specifically for boarding diminish cannon combat capabilities and can be countered easily. But if you slow down or get stuck in irons you will get boarded and lose the ship. Many issues in boarding (rage boarding for example) come from the unfinished design - not from players.

3) Jeremie - Port Royal - Il de Vache triangle is a well known pvp spot. Entering this area is a risk, but fighting is fun and even dying is entertainment for viewers, especially if you present it in graphic colorful language like LIRIK. 

People looking for targets use Twitch sometimes to find enemies. LIRIK faces stream snipers every day in H1Z1. You can improve your combat and use it to your advantage for viewer entertainment sinking snipers right and left... Or you can introduce a 10 min delay and never face this problem again. 

• Like 6

As a fellow pirate to gameover, I can tell you hes a serious crafter, he has the highest quantity of ships for sale in the pirate capital out of anyone, which leads me to believe the ship he is sailing is above average (he has for an example, a fine quality merc with yellow speed for sale at mort).  Good chance you fought him and he had some excellent boarding mods on a ship wiht loads of slots.

As for getting camped @ Jerimie....Well the USA camping that port isnt exactly a new thing, solution: fight them off or setup shop elsewhere.  

Not hard to figure out.  And dont want to crush your spirit but LOADS of pvp centered players use the free look camera to scope stuff out.

lol USA camping Jeremie?  I think you have your factions mixed up...

I don't think anyone has their factions mixed up. It's common knowledge that Jeremie has become the center of several factions and that there have already been multiple instances of people getting attacked in numbers (overwhelming or otherwise) from various factions. It's not unique to the USA, but it's not as though the USA aren't participating.

That said, it's pointless to lay blame on any one faction or player. Let's just get on with playing the game, yeah? We can save the rivalries for when we're no longer testing :P