Game-Labs Forum

Repair Kit Crafting

Hey Guys. 

So today in global the topic of craftable repair kits was brought up. Admin asked for suggestions as to what the recipe's should be.

My suggestions is as follows: 

First off we need to remove the repair kits that we normally use (I'm referring to the one we use all the time).

Then we need to modify the repair kits that drop from battle, the following changes would have to be made:

1. Name change of the repair kits, instead of being named "ship repair kit type 3" etc. they should be renamed to "*Ship Name* Repair Kit" (Eg. "Mercury Brig Repair Kit").

2. Weight needs to be added to the repair kits so that you can only carry a certain amount and because of the fact that a repair kit will take up cargo space. (I'm not sure what the weight should be yet. - It's something i need to spend more time thinking about.) 

Now off to the recipe's for building such repair kits. 

I suggest that we take a rather simple approach to this.
Whenever we craft/buy a ship we actually craft 5 ships of the exact same type. 

A repair kit's repair value in percentage is 33,3. 

So i suggest that the amount of materials needed to build a repair kit equals the amount of materials needed to build the ship, divided by 5, times 0.333, rounded up. (This will also dictate the pricing of building the repair kits.)

Following this logic the Repair kits for the Lynx and the Cerberus would look like this: 

ePKijpl.jpg

92yvTkT.jpg

Another suggestions is that the amount of materials needed to build a repair kit equals the amount of materials needed to build the ship, divided by 5. rounded up.

At the same time each repair kit will create 3 repair kits instead of just 1. 

Following this logic the repair kits for the Lynx and the Cerberus would look like this: 

bSQO911.jpg

gZOKI1J.jpg

Cheers.

Tommy Shelby.

• Like 4

1. Name change of the repair kits, instead of being named "ship repair kit type 3" etc. they should be renamed to "*Ship Name* Repair Kit" (Eg. "Mercury Brig Repair Kit").

I agree, since high repair costs for speed demon vessels and underbuilt ships (Renommee, Commerce de Marseille) is my pet feature.

Realistically the biggest logistical challenge for repairing a vessel should be replacement spars and masts.

In the current economy, that means a lot of pine logs. In the economy as it should be, that means some very expensive, heavy and relatively rare resources called Mast Timber.

After that, iron fittings, rudder parts and such sound good.

But why would you have ballast in a repair kit? :huh:

• Like 1

I agree, since high repair costs for speed demon vessels and underbuilt ships (Renommee, Commerce de Marseille) is my pet feature.

Realistically the biggest logistical challenge for repairing a vessel should be replacement spars and masts.

In the current economy, that means a lot of pine logs. In the economy as it should be, that means some very expensive, heavy and relatively rare resources called Mast Timber.

After that, iron fittings, rudder parts and such sound good.

But why would you have ballast in a repair kit? :huh:

Well the logic i applied to the above is that our repair kits repair everything and not just mast's and spar's. If your mast isn't damaged how does it make sense to have a repair kit crafted from mainly mast's and spars? :3 Instead i took the universal approach, if the repair kit is universal i think the recipe should be universal as well. 

I didn't really think about the ballast but more the general universal value :)

- We could take out items out of the repair kit that isn't used when repairing? (Eg. Ballast) 

Oh, the repair kits should certainly contain items that are meant for the hull.

I'm just saying that the rigging materials and iron parts should pose the biggest financial and logistical challenge when crafting them. That's realistic, and repair kits are highly abstracted, so there's no disconnect.