Game-Labs Forum

Town Resource production

I propose that these town's resource production, be assisted by player resource production. So Companies should be allowed to hire workers, buy rights to land that an iron mine sits on, and pay to extract that iron, so that they can in turn distribute it to their clan members, or put up contracts to sell it to other players. I believe the iron ore in the market, doesn't make a lot of sense, in that who owns that iron ore to begin with? Is it a merchant? Is it the town itself?

I believe the economy should be driven by player companies in this way, with all resources. I also do not think that it should be given for nothing though. These lands were far away, and there were many storms and other natural and unnatural disasters, such as natives attacking. So the iron mine should be a risky venture if all you do is hire workers/force slave labor, and wait for the resources to pile in. Hiring guards, hiring a good leader to run it, and add small random quests like "Workers need better pants to work the hours they are required: Provide 500 textile ( 25% bonus production for 30 game days)

I think anything to get away from resources appearing in NPC stores, that doesn't require anyone to use contracts, or trade with each other.

Maybe it is not what you devs envisioned with your game, I don't know, but I'd like to see more options on the economy side, including adding historical Companies like the Dutch East India company types. Just my 2 cents