Game-Labs Forum
Prater

Shipbuilding

I really like your shipbuilding tool, its simple and nice to look at. Gather all the materials and start crafting. Any closer to updating it my good sir?

I just need to sit down and do it.  One problem I have is having a list of the type and amount of carriages required by each vessel and it will be a long time before I reach each ship myself.  Does anyone know if this info is available on the forums?

Prater, as a stop gap measure maybe have a carriage entry form where one simply selects small, medium, or large on the ship build screen, it would then do two things:

1. Display that info for the user to get grand total of items and estimated cost.

2. Keep it in your end for review, if you get 12 Medium carriage 9 times and 12 small carriages one time for a certain ship, you could be fairly certain that ship uses 12 Medium carriages and make it a final.

Thus a win-win.

Another functionality would be to do region specific prices, with port captures, this would be hard to keep updated without API...

Could also simply put a disclaimer stating that carriage information is not available for all ships yet.

Edit: anyone know if the Niagara will be craftable? I'm assuming so, but it is a premium like the uncraftable yacht.

Edited by poison

I just need to sit down and do it.  One problem I have is having a list of the type and amount of carriages required by each vessel and it will be a long time before I reach each ship myself.  Does anyone know if this info is available on the forums?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13NWyP4-pXmwMLcwdDHJdFY49qK196SkBlnoJ4ZJFVOw/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true

A few missing but most is there :) 

If you know the guns layout of a ship you also know the amount of carriages it need, since guns up to 6pd need small, guns from 9 pd to 18 pd medium and everything from 24pd and bigger needs large carriages.

• Like 1

This is going to take some time.  Carriages require 2 Tier 2 materials and that doesn't mesh easy with what I have.  I am probably going to rethink how I program this and come up with a different way.  I tried the lazy and basic way for pre-carriages, but now that things are getting more complicated and sophisticated, a new approach might be required.

Yes, but you'd have to lose 5 times.

Crafted ships come with 5 durabilities. While cargo is lost each time it is sunk/captured, the ship itself won't be lost until the number of durabilities reaches 0.

{As a total newbie}, can crafted ships be lost, along with cargo, in a battle? If so my efforts won't go into building one yet. 

You can't carry ships within ships in this game like in POBS.

Yes, but you'd have to lose 5 times.

Crafted ships come with 5 durabilities. While cargo is lost each time it is sunk/captured, the ship itself won't be lost until the number of durabilities reaches 0.

Thanks, is there a way to tell how many durabilities you have left?

Thanks, is there a way to tell how many durabilities you have left?

If you hover over your ship in port, it will tell you.

update:

I am still working on this, I think I got it figured out, but there is still a lot of re-coding to do.  Should get it fixed in the next few weeks.

I used this and it was helpful, but there is one serious issue. It doesn't calculate the materials for carriages for nontrader ships. The trading version and the normal version cost the same amount of materials (according to the software). You need to add carriages to the "formula", they take a lot of materials to make, a bit less since the update, but still, would be nice if you could add it. 

Cheers! Great work.

Ya, I am still working on the carriages:

update:

I am still working on this, I think I got it figured out, but there is still a lot of re-coding to do [for the carriages].  I should get it fixed in the next few weeks.

Nice find!  Are you able to find the plans?  I searched the Maritime Collections and found nothing.

I was hoping Google Images would have something. She is built from Model Shipways plans, so there must be loads of people with draughts.

Failing that, the poster-sized draughts hung on the walls of my dorm all through college. One of my dad's colleagues once planned to build a sail training vessel on her lines. Can't believe I never noticed the resemblance.

i crafted a cerberus using 2 mid grade notes, having the quality slider in the middle but i got a green (common) one when i thought it should have been blue (fine)

is this random or a bug? the craft ate both notes anyways..

i crafted a cerberus using 2 mid grade notes, having the quality slider in the middle but i got a green (common) one when i thought it should have been blue (fine)

is this random or a bug? the craft ate both notes anyways..

It has happened to me twice. The first time I got a midgrade note back; the second time, not. I reported it.