Game-Labs Forum
Prater

Shipbuilding

I have added a basic shipbuilding page to my website.  It includes all the ship plans that I know about.  More will be added as I discover them or if other people send me them.  Be aware, I coded it very clumsy and I am not sure that it is 100% accurate.  If anyone finds any mistakes, let me know and I will see what I can do.  I am not a web-designer, so of course I know that it is designed horribly.

I will not be adding module building or anything else.  This is just a basic ship plan and materials list with prices that I have thrown together so I don't have to manage spreadsheets.  This is more for the casual shipbuilder who doesn't want to get involved with spreadsheets and go all hard core.  This will give you a list of what you need and how much it basically costs you to build your ship.

You can select the ship, the framing type, and if you want, the pricing.  Pricing of Very Low is the lowest buy price you can typically find in the shop.  Default is medium to account for the high demand and low supply of different resources.  Right now, because of the scarcity of iron, you might want to set it to a higher one.

Again, I cannot confirm that there are no bugs but I hope I have worked them all out.   If you find historical blueprints of the ships we have in game, please post them here so I can use the real ship plans.

http://namap.neocities.org/shipbuilding.html

Screenshots:
3KgWHzd.jpg

eS5A09C.jpg

• Like 28

Neat Prater, but isn't the Pickle a ship that can be crafted? I saw someone sailing in one I think, but I was tired, so my eyes could have been playing tricks.

Neat Prater, but isn't the Pickle a ship that can be crafted? I saw someone sailing in one I think, but I was tired, so my eyes could have been playing tricks.

Yes, but I don't have the recipe for it.  The people who have it will have to give me a screenshot of it unless I discover it myself.

It is up now.

I made some updates and fixed some major bugs over the weekend.

I think I figured out the correct formula for Hours and Materials needed.  Before they were mostly right but now I think they should be right every time.   It was a rounding issue where I was rounding up at the incorrect spot and so in specific cases Hours or Materials would be slightly off.  This should be fixed now.

The Cerberus is an example.  Before it showed the total labor hours needed as 813 or something like that.  Now it shows the correct labor hour cost of 839 (I have verified this number by doing the math by hand).  For Materials, an example is Cordage and Oakum, which before I think showed you needed 14 hemp for 18 Cordage and Oakum, but the correct number would be 18 hemp.  Because Cordage and Oakum is made in batches of 8, you will have 6 Cordage and Oakum left over (which this sheet does not take into account).

This is great, 

I was just about to start putting my own together. Is there a way to overwrite the values for resources?

I can do it, otherwise you can use the drop down. I may make it so that you can put the values in yourself.

• Like 1

Prater,

Can you add a new column for total weight for each component and a cumulative total weight at the bottom?  I need to know if I can fit all Trinco mats in a Trader's Snow :)

• Like 1

Small hint for the victory you also need 65 gold coin.

Also the recipe for the bellona is almost the same as the one for the 74 only differents is you need 12 knees for the bellona and 7 for the 74.

Small hint for the victory you also need 65 gold coin.

Also the recipe for the bellona is almost the same as the one for the 74 only differents is you need 12 knees for the bellona and 7 for the 74.

Yes, I haven't done gold coins yet.  They are on the list but it requires more programming.  That is my next step.  Then I will add weights and finally see if I can make it so you can manually enter prices.

Added gold coins.  Fixed the price of gold.  Adding Crafting notes under the ship selection.

Still need plans for several ships like the Santisima and Pavel.  Anyone have ideas on what I can use for these ships?  I can't find plans.  The historical plans for the Santi don't exist anymore.  Any substitutes?

I may add a drop down where you can select how many crafting notes you want to use on the ship.  Right now you can only select Crafting Note as a "ship type" to see the resources and price for 1.

Added a Crafting Note selector.  Default is 0 crafting notes, up to 4 crafting notes.  Let me know if there are any problems or bugs.  I don't see any yet.