Game-Labs Forum

Connectivity issues, lags, disconnects

raskolnikoff

It did update through Steam. I have closed it several times, but the problem persists. I have closed Steam and reloaded. Problem persists. I will reboot computer and try again.

No luck after reboot. I think the update was around 2M on steam. It appeared to download and install ok. But still get the protocol issue.

So people spend money on this game and spend hours playing it, Just to lose there ships when you servers disconnect when we are in battle! Great way to make people lose interest.

Captain, sorry for inconvenience. The issue players have been experiencing since yesterday is related to a very large DDoS attack, which is still echoes today a couple of times. It will be fixed as soon as possible.

since 4h18 am eastern time 14/02 we get many packet lost  and high ping 2400 to 96000

that could be connection issues not related to the server at this case. Do you still experiencing it? If so, please run the connection report

Commander Keen, as we see it is gone. Unfortunately it is not possible to refund a ship that was lost due to DDoS attack at this moment, but I hope you will fully recover from the loss of it

that could be connection issues not related to the server at this case. Do you still experiencing it? If so, please run the connection report

Commander Keen, as we see it is gone. Unfortunately it is not possible to refund a ship that was lost due to DDoS attack at this moment, but I hope you will fully recover from the loss of it

Yes i just sended the Reports a few times. Yesterday i got only two disconnects, but again only in battles. Also other Players got the same issue.

Recovering from the ship loss...didnt got another choice right? :-)

Kind regards

Edited by Commander Keen

Thanks for the answer. I disable my antivirus and tried that with my router, but i still have always that Time Up wen i want to join an other battle.

Report Number of Steam Test Report: NAS-131129

Im Sorry for my request again, i had no answer after my Test-Report. Can you give me some Feedback, if you are working on that Problem that i cant join a battle instance? There are a few other wich have the same probs.

Im Sorry for my request again, i had no answer after my Test-Report. Can you give me some Feedback, if you are working on that Problem that i cant join a battle instance? There are a few other wich have the same probs.

Captain, there might be some changes in settings on the server side in the future but they require careful execution since they might ruin other people's connection and it is impossible to apply it locally to your account only.

By the way, you did not mention it, but have you tried to turn off windows firewall?

yesterday, today and actual the same Connection issue ....... travelling around is still working but in fights always disconnects and ship losses in case of that.

How you wann fix that and refund the lost ships?

kind regards Markus

same for me...2 times... ship lost and you will not  refund it....very nice :angry:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all. First off, great game. I've been playing for about a month now. Hell, I liked it so much I built a gaming rig just for it, but..

This Sunday morning I started experiencing lagging and reset problems in battle mode. I get very high ping rates that drop suddenly, and 5-10 second gameplay lag. (The last game I imagined a 10sec fireing fuse on the cannons and rigged 5 seconds beforehand. Alas my adaptablitiy is sabotaged by a brief 10sec reset sharing space with enemy vessel, then back to the last battle position hoping I aimed the ship/cannons 10secs earlier and.. I get booted from the server.

I have tested the integrity of game cache OK. 2 server maintenence intervals have not remedied this issue.

I have to say also that I am experiencing minor conexion troubles at my end which I'm hoping to fix today. But I don't think this could be related.

Anyhow, the only upsetting thing about all this, is the fact that in my last attempt to see if the problem had been sorted, my exceptional Surprise ship just vanished from the game.

I have sent 3 reports in-game about this, and I am confidant that these issues will be resolved. Unfortunately until then I simply can not play without my best ship and unable to gain XP.

Would re-installing the game help, or would the 4 hour download time be another waste of? Other than being patient, any other suggestions regarding this would be appreciated. Thanks.

Captain, two of your reports show a ping of +1000 (even +2000) ms, which is the reason of delay, as you have mentioned connection issues, it is very likely the case, could you please run connection test report through Steam Launcher 4-th options. Disappeared Surprise (most likely temporary thing) could also be the reason of high lag, Please, reply back when connection issue is done and/or the connection issue on your end is solved

Captain, two of your reports show a ping of +1000 (even +2000) ms, which is the reason of delay, as you have mentioned connection issues, it is very likely the case, could you please run connection test report through Steam Launcher 4-th options. Disappeared Surprise (most likely temporary thing) could also be the reason of high lag, Please, reply back when connection issue is done and/or the connection issue on your end is solved

OK, sending report now. And my technician just left changing my equipment, they will monitor my conexion all day.

Good to hear about the Surprise, I'm releaved, thank you Captain.

NAS-193968. sorry.

Success!! Back to SOP. Thank you developers, I knew you wouldn't let me down.

And although I carried out the test in a new gold Renommee, (and likeing it very much) it doesn't mean I'm forgetting about my Surprise and the 6 FINE upgrades on board. You think maybe after tomorrow's down-time I'll get it back? Thanks again.

To clarify, are you sure you didn't lose it due to lack of durability on the ship? Did you try to fight on Surprise while having huge lag? Or you lost the ship in the dock?

The Surprise had 5 durabilities left. The battle had just started so hardly any damage was done. I spawned at the clostest port with no ship. But its some of the upgrades that were onboard that I'm really missing. This was an exceptional live oak Surprise btw. Thanks.

Edited by Germaine