Game-Labs Forum

Ships inherent characteristics.

admin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I see the % for the wood types. and I seen what Trim Types are and what they do but no % on trim types...like how much planking effect or rigging effect.

all those %'s would be very useful in crafting the ideal ship

ADMIN?  ANyone with the know knowledge..??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Guys where can I find more detailed info for inbuilt upgrades. I mean with stats for certain colours. Like Rigging Quality or Planking or even Crew Space? There is only info about speed and build strength on wikia...

• 2 weeks later...

I assume this data is obsolete at the moment?

Can you please update this post?

There are lot of information about the statistics, and all are different in every possible place.  Add the details in the game as well?

Then there are 10 guys, who all say different things from the wood types.  Would highly appreciate to get the facts directly from the devs/admin.

• 2 weeks later...

I think stiffness should work as turning upgrade. Heeling level is something so precious that right now almost every one is getting rid of stiffness boats.

Did you test the speed during turns in stiffness ships ? Compare how much speed you gain/lose on a 180º turn from port to starboard beam reaches.

Did you test the speed during turns in stiffness ships ? Compare how much speed you gain/lose on a 180º turn from port to starboard beam reaches.

I didn't Heth... bu t I assume that you did. Can you share more details?

Edited by Mamen

Depending on model it will gain fast during the turn as you go into better winds, can see this with the Trinc and the Belle for example, and won't lose as fast on the down wind 180º, or if a schooner up wind. Test it. Those decimals of knots can be a life saver sometimes.

Actually test Stiffness along with Extra Staysails ;)

• 2 months later...

...Rigging Quality / Planking / Speed detailed data...

As far as I know Rigging Quality is like lightweight ropes upgrade; Golden quality gives 20% boost to sails up, down and yard traverse.

Planking is simply HP (and "resistance" to leaks?)

Detailed speed data... Well, it may be more than you're asking for but read this, it will take you through most of what we know and many tweaks and changes.

Edited by jodgi
was wrong

Yeah I did some testing...

It seems as planking is JUST resistance to leaks.   Which isn't that bad, and if you add that with the upgrade planking, and extra pumps with pump inventor, you will stay afloat almost indefinitely with one side gone.  

As for ships characteristics. 

So I have an Agamemnon 4th rate, Teak, Crew space, Speed.   I have found while it is a good ship, it is basically a small Ballona.  It definitely out classes the Constitution pound for pound, but they are different ships, the Connie is a heavy frigate, the Agamemnon is a Ship of the Line.   

With that said here is my assessment of it. 

For the cost it is actually better to just use a Ballona.   The Ballona while not as fast, turns just as well, has more armor, and more guns. (Ballona 74 vs Agam 64)   The Bow and Stern chasers on the Agamemnon are high up which is useful for dealing with chasers and prey.   Her sailing characteristics are good, she doesn't heel over as much as a Trincomalee, but she turns like a cruise ship, and burns speed like one too.   I think she should have better sailing qualities than she does... she seems only to like one point of sail the rest are... meh.  Almost like sailing a large Navy Brig.  

But I am a frigate captain and I like my ships able to turn.

Agreed, I can say from using the Agamemnon in a huge PvP vs Bellonas, Bucentaurs, Ingermanlands and Constitutions, the Aggie is worthless, even against the Connie and even with double charge. The 24lbers worked ok for the first 2 double charge broadsides, however, every double charge broadside after that would indeed show to me as a hit and counted 314 hits, but they did nothing to remove health bars after those first two rounds. Maybe it was a bug or something, who knows, but don't bother with the Aggie. Stick with the Connie and Inger.

• 5 months later...