Game-Labs Forum

Easy come easy go - A celebratory wipe coming for some players.

admin

Good evening Sirs.

Some captains are creating money using our after-wipe help bonuses to Captains (10,000 starting money and yacht)

This is done by creating new accounts, selling yachts and buying resources and then transferring those resources to their main accounts.

Some captains stockpiled enough resources to provide them with ships until release.This is game breaking and will not allow us to test pricing and economy properly. As we have a close knit of testers and we track all transactions and net wealth; it is easy to find those Captains. 

If you have exploited we suggest the following course of actions

1) Delete all assets on your account

2) Purchase ships or upgrades and destroy them to eliminate cash from your account

We know you worked hard. 

This easy steps above will help you save your player, battle rank and crafting XP, but you will still lose all your assets.

Captains who wont delete the resources/money/ships and upgrades will have their accounts wiped completely before weekend.

To rephrase: All Captains with abnormal Wealth (that includes all assets) will be wiped.

kJRfdDA.jpg

If you have exploited but reported it before yesterday (when it was announced in game chat) please come forward in private. 

• Like 12

Can we get clarification on what exactly is this exploit?

I've had alt characters buy things from each other at normal prices, as if they are two separate players.  Is this exploiting?  For example, I have had a trader buy resources and sell resources at markup value that I buy from (bought hemp for 89, moved to another port, and sold for 95).  And I have had a crafter make a privateer that I sold to another alt character for 20,000 (store price is 11,000 or 13,000).  Is this exploiting?  If so, why have the option for 3 characters?

I haven't continually created alts to get money and yachts, these are permanent characters that have separate assets, money and experience.  I certainly don't have an abnormal amount of gold or resources.  I know non-crafters to have more gold than I do from farming ai and players.

Once again, can we get clarification on what exactly is an exploit?

I've had alt characters buy things from each other at normal prices, as if they are two separate players.  Is this exploiting?  For example, I have had a trader buy resources and sell resources at markup value that I buy from (bought hemp for 89, moved to another port, and sold for 95).  And I have had a crafter make a privateer that I sold to another alt character for 20,000 (store price is 11,000 or 13,000).  Is this exploiting?  If so, why have multiple characters?

I haven't continually created alts to get money and yachts, these are permanent characters that have separate assets, money and experience.

Multiple characters are for testing. If you have not created money out of nowhere you wont have abnormal wealth.

Multiple accounts will stay and are allowed to use for some time (in alpha), and wont be affected unless they somehow allowed the creation of the huge wealth that could not realistically be achieved by 2-3 players working together without exploiting. 

If a player have found a money making exploit and reported it and actually did not exploit a lot - its great, and you will be rewarded. 

• Like 4

Multiple characters are for testing. If you have not created money out of nowhere you wont have abnormal wealth.

Multiple accounts will stay and are allowed to use for some time (in alpha), and wont be affected unless they somehow allowed the creation of the unreported wealth. 

If a player have found a money making exploit and reported it and actually did not exploit a lot - its great, and you will be rewarded. 

Ok thanks, for the clarification.

is it allowed to use the other 2 character slots to triple the labour hours avaible, for the main character (not deleting them after the use, but keeping them in the same eco-port) ?

Ok, I reread admin's clarification to me.

Multiple accounts will stay and are allowed to use for some time (in alpha), and wont be affected unless they somehow allowed the creation of the huge wealth that could not realistically be achieved by 2-3 players working together without exploiting.

Great, I've reported it some time ago and haven't used it even once on my main character, made seperate testing characters for it to test it once and erased them after hehe,

Good to know that honest ppl get rewarded :D

• Like 1

Also, as a thought: You know who the Captains are who exploited the mechanic and didn't report it. They are taking advantage of the Alpha system, and if they are perpetuating one exploit, who is to say they aren't and will not exploit more?

Great, they were caught this time. Why give toxic players the chance to do it again?

• Like 1

Also, as a thought: You know who the Captains are who exploited the mechanic and didn't report it. They are taking advantage of the Alpha system, and if they are perpetuating one exploit, who is to say they aren't and will not exploit more?

Great, they were caught this time. Why give toxic players the chance to do it again?

Good point and those players should just be deleted ASAP without the topic needed.

If your using multiple accounts in this testing phase to promote one account why is this allowed I just don't understand as this is an exploit.

Your not doing it to test different factions of the game it's done to ramp up a single account faster that normal.... in essence a cheat.

Even doing it to test crafting is a player exploiting time needed to learn and craft in fact cheating the crafting  process  and  what I hope will not be allowed in the finished product.

If this is allowed how do you learn properly how easy or frustrating the crafting process is.

It also starts to run into the problem of game players in multiple accounts in essence robbing ports of rare materials or better said tougher to find materials so others trying to test the crafting phase can't do so because the exploiters raided the port using their multi accounts.

Multi accounts need to go or wiped if found to be exploiting the game for ramping up so fast and not following the natural speed of ranking up.

This effects players and game alike.

Edited by Dragonfire
  • Like 4

I totaly agree with dragon on this issue, but this is not the only exploit in this game for self gain, and all of it needs to be stopped before the release of the game. Thoes who are responsible you no who you are stop doing it now this is a beta test and you should be helping the devs not making things hard for them. You are spoiling the game.

• Like 1

If your using multiple accounts in this testing phase to promote one account why is this allowed I just don't understand as this is an exploit.

Your not doing it to test different factions of the game it's done to ramp up a single account faster that normal.... in essence a cheat.

Even doing it to test crafting is a player exploiting time needed to learn and craft in fact cheating the crafting  process  and  what I hope will not be allowed in the finished product.

If this is allowed how do you learn properly how easy or frustrating the crafting process is.

It also starts to run into the problem of game players in multiple accounts in essence robbing ports of rare materials or better said tougher to find materials so others trying to test the crafting phase can't do so because the exploiters raided the port using their multi accounts.

Multi accounts need to go or wiped if found to be exploiting the game for ramping up so fast and not following the natural speed of ranking up.

This effects players and game alike.

Agreed. What i can add frome me just to make 1 ppl 1 character. Why? Its planty of used additional character, as:

1.Buying a ship/resources/upgrade in enemy port(making new character)

Its bad from both side. You should not have them.

Secend, its easly to weaken to enemy just for buying all resources/ship.upgarde in his port. When you buy it. then he can not to buy it.

2. I tested fight 1 my character vs second my character.

Just we can make 2 character diffrent nationals, and then meet with this character and when you are gonna fast leav the game your ship still waiting 120s in global water. Then you can enter yours main character atack him and grow up realy fast with XP.

I tested it and it works. Pleas make 1 character 1 accont. And still i think when you have the game in steam, you need watch to IP internet addres becouse i think some people can buy 2 acconts to make illegal growing up with XP and Gold.

I don't know if this counts but this is the exploit I was referring to in this post : http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/6971-make-the-yacht-free-like-thy-lynx/?p=131897

Glad y'all caught it.