Game-Labs Forum

Crafting Recipes (Excl. Ships) - Modules Recipes + Stats

TommyShelby

• 4 weeks later...

I have a question ( sorry if this asked before ) but how do I use the crafting notes when trying make a better quality ship ? I am lv 10 crafting and was trying to make a cutter with better quality than basic , I have 2 crafting notes with the rest of materials needed but I didn't see the notes included at ship mats ' Craft ' screen !

I have a question ( sorry if this asked before ) but how do I use the crafting notes when trying make a better quality ship ? I am lv 10 crafting and was trying to make a cutter with better quality than basic , I have 2 crafting notes with the rest of materials needed but I didn't see the notes included at ship mats ' Craft ' screen !

There is a slider just below the "Wood Type" selection. The slider is for choosing the "Quality Level" of the ship. 

There are 5 different quality level and for every time you go 1 up in Quality level you also go 1 up in the amount of notes requirred.

So if you choose to make a Quality Level 0 (Grey/Basic) ship then it'll cost you no crafting notes. (This is the default option which is why you didn't see the crafting notes included in the "Craft screen". 

Quality Level 1 (Green/Common) cost's 1 Crafting note. 

Quality Level 2 (Blue/Fine) cost's 2 crafting notes.

Quality Level 3 (Purple/Mastercraft) cost's 3 crafting notes. 

Quality Level 4 (Yellow/Exceptional) cost's 4 crafting notes.

When you have adjusted the slider you can scroll down on the "ship mats craft screen" and the notes should be included.

I hope that answers your question. :) 

• Like 1

Is Speed attribute more important than Fir

Think about it this way; 

Teak and Oak have vanilla speed.

Live oak is 2,5% slower than Teak/Oak.

Fir is 2,5% faster than Teak/Oak.

Inbuilt speed (Speed Attribute) gives up to a 2,5% bonus.

Speed trim (Another speed att) gives up to a 2,5% bonus.

Copper Plating gives up to a 2,5% Bonus. 

Personally i would say Inbuilt speed (Speed attribute) is more important than Fir wood type.

• 3 weeks later...

Tommy, I remember viewing a line drawing in the forums that represented a shipbuilding BP evolution process.  I'm unable to find it now...do you have a current copy? 

I had not yet begun crafting at the time and now wish I had a better understanding if the choices of what you build, can have in what BPs you find dropped during shipbuilding.

Thanks again for all your special work and assistance. 

Fair winds and Cannon smoke to all.

• 2 months later...

You are right! 

I haven't updated this thing for a long time so a lot of the stuff in the guide might/is outdated by now. 

I'll try to update the guide again soon! :) 

Thanks for your input, if you find any more faults please let me know! ;)