Game-Labs Forum

Make the yacht free like thy lynx

Since the patch we now all sail in yachts which I love.

However it does get on my nerves that I have to pay 100 gold for a repair kit whereas the Lynx still costs 0 gold to buy and repair. How does this make sense? The Lynx should be worth some gold basic or not, even when captured.

Also if I sell my yach I can get 10k gold for just selling my starting ship. This sounds like a major exploit as people are selling the yacht and buying a Lynx for free with 20k gold straight away!

I for one would like to see this fixed but I love everything else, especially traders now carrying goods.

The debs stated that the first ship we get is NOW a yacht. When open world opened up it was a Lynx that cost nothing to repair or buy.

The point I'm trying to make is that we shouldn't be able to sell the yacht, go buy a Lynx for free then loose that so we get another yacht to sell for 10k.

Look. I can see for a fact my suggestion is getting nowhere fast so I will just make a recommendation.

I recommend we should get gold for capturing a Lynx and we should get free repairs for the yacht as it is the basic ship we sail in now.

This may change when we go into open testing and the game gets swamped but until then just give us the yacht repairs for free and make the Lynx with something even if it's like 20 gold. We need to save our money for crafting and I can't afford to spend over 2 grand to get full repair kits and I'm sure others who struggle to get off the ground will agree.

The yacht needs to be made officially "premium" and unsellable. Current yacht value  is exploitable (not sure what policy on posting that kind of thing is, but obvious to anyone who's played many online games).

I am worried about losing my "premium" ship to explosions etc. come release. Be a shame if there's no way to buy more durability for it.

Edited by Hieronymous Alloy

The yacht needs to be made officially "premium" and unsellable. Current yacht value  is exploitable (not sure what policy on posting that kind of thing is, but obvious to anyone who's played many online games).

I am worried about losing my "premium" ship to explosions etc. come release. Be a shame if there's no way to buy more durability for it.

You cannot lose premium ships forever...

The yacht needs to be made officially "premium" and unsellable. Current yacht value is exploitable (not sure what policy on posting that kind of thing is, but obvious to anyone who's played many online games).

just wait till next wipe, you might get it back... ;-)