Game-Labs Forum

Trade Routes for NPCs to Canada

Guest raat

Please introduce some NPC trade routes to Canada. 

When you start as US, you have to sail so far before you ever see an enemy ship.  It also makes staying around the US ports completely useless because there's nothing to do.

Thanks.

• Like 4

Ocracoke Island NC could be added as a neutral or pirate port if it's modeled in the map. There's a bit of history there as Edward Teach (Blackbeard) used it as an anchorage before it was permanently settled in 1750. At that time it was very isolated, thus the possiblity to mark it as a neutral port as opposed to American.

Edited by Spork

Please introduce some NPC trade routes to Canada. 

When you start as US, you have to sail so far before you ever see an enemy ship.  It also makes staying around the US ports completely useless because there's nothing to do.

Thanks.

That's very realistic. Only enemy ships that reached those ports after US was officially created were german u-boats. 

• Like 2

Except for all those British warships sitting outside Atlantic coast ports from 1812-1815.

But I think Raatha's point is that were major British ports and naval bases in present-day Canada (the North American Squadron blockading the US during the War of 1812 was partially stationed at Halifax, Nova Scotia) and so there would logically be North - South traffic along the Atlantic seaboard between Bahamas and "off-map" destinations in British North America. Although I suppose in general there should be more traffic in the open sea to off-map locations, including Europe and S. America.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_America_and_West_Indies_Station

• Like 2

That's very realistic. Only enemy ships that reached those ports after US was officially created were german u-boats. 

Thanks for the cheeky answer and not taking this seriously.

AKD's inference is correct.   I'm talking about north-south traffic off shore from Canada to Caribbean.

Regardless whether it's historical or not (which is debatable I guess), starting US players have to spend at least 1-2 hours sailing before seeing enemy ships to attacks.  Do you think that's good for new players and casuals that join the game on release?  You think they'll have that patience?

Ok bro.  You're right, keep it as is.