Game-Labs Forum

One sailors opinion

Sailors,

Ok first off i have to say wow love what we have so far in this game . Been looking for something like this for so many years and no one has even come close to making this a reality till now .

With that said things i love about this game are the navigation is hard which makes it more realistic hope they DO NOT include a map with icon of your location that would ruin this game i think . 

Things that i think would make this game even more appealing to others and more than what it is :

1-First off starting with 0 gold is hard enough to make money trading should at least start with something to kick start a life at sea .

2-Would love to see a first person view from the wheel / captains eyes during sailing or combat as well , zooming in puts you in the middle of ship not at the captains point of operation .

3-Not sure if it is in or not have not tested this yet but i hope you gain exp for buying then selling at another port like in trade goods and so on. (got to appeal to the merchants as well)

4-Option to customize ship as in color , sail color , crest .

5-Maybe down the road have a more social network at ports . Lets face it most games with a large and more friendly social network tend to last longer and do better for the gamer and developers .

6-Slow sailing down in the hi sea's a tad bit little fast ( just my opinion and we all know opinions are like rear door's we all have them :)

7-Conquerable ports of some sort for clans / guilds would make for some great guild / clan wars to fight for something they can collect taxes on for guild / clan funds

8-Friend list / buddy list , be nice to add friends / buddies and see when there on or pm them so you can communicate locations and chat strategy with them .

9- ill think of more ideas i think would be nice to see in game .

thanks 

cpspok

1. agree

2. agree

3. EXP system should be redone imho, you should not gain exp for trading in my opinion and exp is something which should be for ranking up in the navy

4. very limited costumisation to be honest should be in or we will get wacky unrealistic paintings and such

5. What do you mean?

6. talking about the openworld? please no! it already takes an hour sailing to zoutman from oranjestadt

7. being implemented in a couple of patches, they wont be owned by guilds as far as i know but by the nation who captures them

8. it is allready in the game, next to chat.

3. EXP system should be redone imho, you should not gain exp for trading in my opinion and exp is something which should be for ranking up in the navy

I'm all for this, if it provides a way to advance a trading career without having to be a non trader.  If you cannot get experience from trading than how do you propose the ability to crew a large merchant vessel without the prerequisite of fighting?  The only way that I can think of doing this is instead of amount of crew being tied to rank, you would have to employ the crew out of pocket (which I'm not against).

I'm all for this, if it provides a way to advance a trading career without having to be a non trader.  If you cannot get experience from trading than how do you propose the ability to crew a large merchant vessel without the prerequisite of fighting?  The only way that I can think of doing this is instead of amount of crew being tied to rank, you would have to employ the crew out of pocket (which I'm not against).

this is excactly what i would suggest

in regards to #5 the buddy list i did not know was there so kinda takes a chunk out of this one but other social networking would be nice to be able maybe  to walk around port or maybe even have some port governor missions available for teams or friends to run with .

As for #6 maybe only slow it down about 15% or 10% atm its freaking so fast omg clicking a ship to hail him/her is hard as you zip right by them its like woops to late . 

thanks