Game-Labs Forum

Away Shortcut Key

An "Away Key" would be real nice to have and marking your ship as AWAY.

Here you are sailing along in Open World and the phone rings, a child screams, or your spouse demands some such thing or another..... Well....And you just have to step away for the computer.  You never know if it will be just a second or twenty minutes.

I understand that using this to escape a battle would not be fair or should be available.  But in Open World, an "Away Key" that doesn't let the PvE attack you if you need to step away would be nice.

Even in a battle, a shortcut key to quite the computer would be great, for those times that you just need to deal with real life stepping into the game.  Sure you may lose a ship or two, but sometimes you need to step away to pay for the game time.

Just Saying....

We already have this - you exit while in Open World.  You're vulnerable for two or three minutes and then you're gone.

I have three children, one of which is 6mos old, and a busy life, and I have had no problems with just logging out when I need to.  I'm not sure, personally, I see much need for this based on what we already have.