Game-Labs Forum

I really like the style of the harbours and ports, but in my opinion these cities are far too small. Especially the supposed capitols are too small and should be considerably bigger than a regular town.

I would also like to see a more realistic approach to city design, means, there are not only houses for living, but also defensive structures, shipyards, docks, factories, plantations,...

I know that these cities could just be seen as kind of a placeholder and that it is up to the players imagination to actually make it look like it should, but with todays possibilities in gaming I just hope that this is not necessary anymore...

They are definetly place holder, a few months ago they were just grey structures, no colouring and no lighting, this was a wast improvement, but you have to realise that modeling these towns takes days, even weeks for a modeler to do, and they are mostly occopied with ships these days and this game is very much in development... atleast there are towns, if you go far back enough there werent even towns in open world... game development takes a long time and it doesnt look like you understand that with that last sentance.

Cities are an abstract representation on the open map. We will of course make them a little more pretty and varied (according to their nation). 

But we are not sure about their size. More buildings means more resources that affect FPS.

They looks WAY better than before now and i can live with current look on OW. However i gladly see in future every ( or at least nation related towns like on your promo) with navigation in town maybe : like outpost, admirality, tavern and others buildings you plan put in game instead aesthetic menu:)

10372937_332541546903770_560103400922627

Cities are an abstract representation on the open map. We will of course make them a little more pretty and varied (according to their nation). 

But we are not sure about their size. More buildings means more resources that affect FPS.

Why not keep port models as they are, but when player is inside the city have a window that will show what is added to a city and what upgrades can be added. Also, you can add stats and defensive values.  Example:

maxresdefault.jpg

If you ever played Heroes V you will know what I mean:

h6screen.jpg

465477812.jpg

I know that they already improved a lot... I was also around when we had grey blocks as cities :)
The purpose of this post is just to let devs know that at least some of us would really appreciate if more work will be put into city models, sooner or later... If it is somehow possible at least.