Game-Labs Forum

First things to correct to make PvP Decent

Before the craft (maybe to late), before the conquest, the spawn area has to be work in PvP.

It's really annoying to play with friends and see some spawing on 75m of ennemy while others teamates are 300 meters away. The correct spaw area we got in sea trials allow us to think before shot and organise a bit our fleet. If you can't spend time to work on nice spawn area with the option: "faster you join, closer you are", could you at least make us spawn per team and not everywhere?

To make pvp decent it's really the more important things

• Like 4

On spawns....

A few things come to mind:

Positives = You spawn into the instance with the relative position to the wind that you faced on the OS

You spawn in relative position to the point of entry into the instance which means you have to tag in a group to spawn in a group.

Negatives = There is lag between when the Attack button is pressed and the server recognizes the command which often ends in you

spawning downwind of your opponent even though the tag was made up wind.

= You can manipulate your spawn in point if you are not pulled in automatically in the initial tag by sailing past the battle before joining 

thereby spawning about half the distance between your team and the enemy.

If it is made that your group always spawns in the same place in every instance then it removes the chase. A group that tags a player on the edge of the circle allows that player to have a chance at escaping. Now it is just as important when you start the tag as ship position relative to the wind. Removing that variability from the spawn in point will reduce variability in battles and increase the encouragement to run. I suggest you work on open sea team work and group sailing.

If spawns were created whereas all ships started at a predetermined distance then I would agree that the spawn should happen so that ships are in a tight group and all facing the same direction or in a line but I think the way it is done now is better than that way. I could see adding a feature that never allows a spawn to happen CLOSER than a predetermined distance so that your not right on top of each other but that distance should still be relatively close.

• Like 1

Reb we have had 2 stationary lines sitting in OW for a traf, and the lines still go out of whack when we enter combat.  But yes this needs to be fixed.

Unfortunately for me the Trafalgars are at a time that I receive a lot of wife aggro so I have never been able to participate so I must ask you a question. When you say they are out of whack, what do you mean? Are you still in a relative line or are you spawning as blobs? I ask this because maybe it has to do with scale. On the OS you appear to be in a straight line but being just one pixel off on the OS could translate to 100 meters in the instance because of scale.