Game-Labs Forum

The most glorious faction a.k.a. the Dutch Antilles Squadron

The Dutch Antilles Squadron

''The Dutch Antilles Squadron’s main duty is to guarantee the safety, preservation, and territorial sovereignty of the Dutch faction and her allies.''

zqopMlt.png

We are not a PvP only group (but we sure do enjoy a decent battle), and are willing to help out new players from the moment they join the game.  All you have to do is send us a message.

What we can offer to new players is knowledge of the game, protection, good ships and inside traders information.

While in the current state of the game being largely combat only, the Dutch Antilles Squadron also has a mission to support and encourage international trade within our own ranks.

The main players that we are looking for are players that enjoy Naval Action, and don’t cry too much when they lose their ship (because it is going to happen someday anyway).  

For us, diplomacy is a very important thing.  Due to the Dutch not being one of the major factions in this game, we understand the importance of maintaining relationships with rival and friendly groups. Therefore, our TeamSpeak is open for any faction wishing to use some of our public rooms.  Our TeamSpeak address is na.lynixgaming.com for any that are interested in joining or having negotiations.

As mentioned in a separate thread, our Teamspeak na.lynixgaming.com is an open Teamspeak. It means players of all nation can join and have fun. With 250 slots we currently also are the biggest Teamspeak out there.

I sincerely hope to meet all of you who decide to fill the rank!

- Rear Admiral SteelSandwich

Edited by SteelSandwich
  • Like 12

Due to the Dutch not being one of the major factions in this game,

:lol:

While the Dutch might not have as many players as the US or British factions, your group is one of the main powerhouses in the game (top 5) and an important one at that.  Don't try to diminish yourselves.  :D  Your Diplomacy often means victory or defeat for one side or the other.

• Like 2

:lol:

While the Dutch might not have as many players as the US or British factions, your group is one of the main powerhouses in the game (top 5) and an important one at that.  Don't try to diminish yourselves.  :D  Your Diplomacy often means victory or defeat for one side or the other.

True, but it's a bit easier to shout out "Rule Britannia!", "Vive la France!" and "Arrrghhh!" than "Voor de Glorieuze Nederlands Factie!"

Welkom

Good to see your presence finally on the boards, a welcome addition to the many fleets in NA.

Yeah, we delayed for a while, we were waiting for the game to be closer to release before announcing.  Too be honest, I am surprised that we have gotten as far as we have, there is a reason why I named my character CommodoreWesleyTestDutch, I was totally expecting to have to make a different character to play the game.

Don't worry, once we demolish PsychodelicDream's last durability on his full carronade Santi, they won't be a powerhouse anymore :D

We bemoan that day.   :D  And everyone thought I was silly when I put cannonades on a Bellona the first time...

Edited by CommodoreWesley
  • Like 2

True, but it's a bit easier to shout out "Rule Britannia!", "Vive la France!" and "Arrrghhh!" than "Voor de Glorieuze Nederlands Factie!"

You could always yell "Gaan met die banaan!"  ;)

Edited by Zeekoning

It would be more accurate to call ourselves the Geoctroyeerde west-indische companie, but for 2 reasons we haven't:

- the name is already in use. Some time ago there was already a guild formed under the name WIC, but it seems that those guys aren't playing anymore.

- we guard the dutch lower Antilles, so it symbolizes what we do^^

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there!

I am a Dutchie who gets access soon! And I'm very interested to join you guys. At first I shall just play and figure out the game. But in time, I will drop by and see who you guys are and maybe I'll join you! (If by then still accepting new members.. ;) )

Regards,

Scrib

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We do not.

Yet we do organize an annual field trip to chatham.

It's a shame you didn't fix up Sheerness when you had the chance!

Anyway, enough frivolity, I have followed the exploits of the DAS over the past few months and although I do not intend to join NA until it is released on Steam I would like to offer my meagre services to the DAS when I do, if you will have me Sir.

Well,

If you are interested, you can always visit our TS: na.lynixgaming.com

Have a chat, or just listen if that has your preference, and see for yourself if it meats your expectations :)

Thanks, will do.

• 1 month later...

With the sales open again, i feel obliged to enlighten the landlubbers that the Dutch navy is still looking for volunteers.

What we can offer to new players is knowledge of the game, protection, good ships and inside traders information.

Are you worthy of the Red, White and blue?

Yours Sincerely,

-SteelSandwich

'Voor het volk, het vaderland en de buit!'

• Like 1