Game-Labs Forum

Trade ≠ 1+1=2

jok83

hey, i hope this is the right forums section, i tried to trade some resources yesterday and made some weird discoverys.

- i buy coal in a coal producing town, the town has a coal stock of 16000+, thats what the shop showed me. i buy the coal for 25 a pice.

- i sell the coal in a coal consuming town, the town has a coal stock of 0, thats what the shop showed me, i sell the coal for 25 a pice.

now how can that happen? the producing town had ample stocks, must have been "cheap", the consuming town was out of coal, means they should be needy for coal and pay good price. yet i buy and sell for 25.

i asked about this in help chat, someone tried to explain me this is cause of server reset and whatnot, but i did not get it. reset or not, if you look at the above it make no sense.

when i sold 500 of a resource for 10 gold a piece, you would think that is 5000 gold. at least i did.

well seems it isnt, the game gave me 4500 gold for selling 500 for 10 gold a piece.

how or why? i could understand this if there is some tax or whatever, but there is no information to the player about it. i just receive less than i should, why i dont know.

---------------------------------------

anyone has a clue about what happend there and can explain this to me?

Coal is a resource that has to be bought at a 30k+ quantity, it has nothing to do with server reset.

Coal also has a rather low profit margin compared to other good out there. It takes time to figure out what to trade with, it can be trial and error in your instance.

You are selling resources to a town, 500 in quantity. At 0 you would get 10 a piece, at 200 in stock you would get 9 a piece and at 400 you would get 8 a piece.

Regardless that you sell it in one piece, prices can drop due to the large amount of good you dump on that market. That's why you received less than 5k gold for your goods.

Coal is a resource that has to be bought at a 30k+ quantity, it has nothing to do with server reset.

Coal also has a rather low profit margin compared to other good out there. It takes time to figure out what to trade with, it can be trial and error in your instance.

ok i see the coal stock was to low, i was thinking 16k is a lot but seems it isnt.

You are selling resources to a town, 500 in quantity. At 0 you would get 10 a piece, at 200 in stock you would get 9 a piece and at 400 you would get 8 a piece.

Regardless that you sell it in one piece, prices can drop due to the large amount of good you dump on that market. That's why you received less than 5k gold for your goods.

this is a more odd one, the thing is i had 10 stacks á 100 piece. 1000 piece in total. i sold 500 two times in a row. both times i get 4500, the price did not change at all between 0 stock and 500 stock. with the town at 500 stock it still showed me 10 sell price. that would mean to me i should have got 500 more from the first stack.

the 2nd stack 500 pieces i sold also for 10 sell price, again 4500 gold.

a very odd thing was this. in the shop, in resource tab. it show me sell price 9 for the resource, when i select "show only owned" it switch to sell price 10.

would that mean i sold the stacks for 9 a piece and the 10 was a wrongly displayed number?

what i say is the game showed me 9 sell price and when i select the "show only owned" button it show me 10.