Game-Labs Forum

"Captains Log"

I had an Idea for a Captains Log. A sort of In-game Journal. It'd be more Immersive, informational, and can also count towards Rp style situations for players who are into that.

Captains Log would do several things. Each having it's own Tab you could flip too.

Ships   -   Ports    -   Owned Assets - Notes

Ships - This would be a log that would update as you meet ships in the Open World. Ultimately blank at first. As you meet ships in battles, this log updates at the end of battle screen depending on the battle. With information on the ships you encounter.

Normal fighting at long/medium ranges: Rate, Number of Cannons.

Close Range:The max crew amount

Capturing it: Hold and cargo space amount, Hull, and sail HP, etc.

This would allow for capturing a ship to give you all of its possible information available. Another reason to capture a ship over sinking it.

Ports - Ports tab would be a log of ports you've visited, giving you a list of information about it. Ships, it's selling, what it consumes and produces, and the prices. There would also be a little number saying when the last time you visited so you know how old the data is. The data is updated only if you visit the port again, or find a "Port Information Log" from a trader by capturing it, which will update your journal with up to date information if you choose to use it (would destroy the log if you choose to update your log with the info).

Owned Assets - A simple list of all of your assets and where they are categorized by ports.

Notes - A simple Notebook style of blank pages, allowing you to write your own information and additional notes on things you wish to keep track of.

• Like 5

Hi,

Fully supporting this.

I would suggest the following to improve it:

- A captains cabin in the OW where you can check and update your log, whilst sailing your ship.

- A captains office in each outpost, where you can also manage your other ports by giving orders that will be sent by mail, mail that will arrive at the receiver after a calculated ammount of days according to distance between ports.

- Possibility to share parts of your logs with other captains, like the port info.

Grtzzz Bubbles

Hi,

Fully supporting this.

I would suggest the following to improve it:

- A captains cabin in the OW where you can check and update your log, whilst sailing your ship.

- A captains office in each outpost, where you can also manage your other ports by giving orders that will be sent by mail, mail that will arrive at the receiver after a calculated ammount of days according to distance between ports.

- Possibility to share parts of your logs with other captains, like the port info.

Grtzzz Bubbles

I love the first 2 idea's.

Third one would need to be tested though I think. To make sure it doesn't make that part of the log redundant. Though if it doesn't, I'm all for it. I'm just afraid that if this game does really kick off down the road in a year or 2, and we get thousands upon thousands of players in it, that everyone will updated ports 24/7, which would kill the economy in terms of trading if you have hands on updates with ease. It would also kill part of the buying/selling mini game of finding good ports and taking advantage of it. You can't really do that when every other player also has it with ease.

Right now with such a small population it would be a great tool, but if the game gets a few thousand players, it could end up killing several parts of the game.

Edited by Lady Athena