Game-Labs Forum

'Black Pear*' Jack Sparrow's Ship (With Plans)

MikeFireShot

You do know, this game uses realisic ships?

For the most part, the ships ingame are not only realistc but actually real, just google "HMS Victory", "USS Constitution" or "Mercury ship".

All plans in this forum section are historical documents of vessels that actually were planed.

As much as you love PotC, there will be no fantasy ships, and especially none with a propulsion equal to a 500 hp diesel engine, a ghost crew or magic.

• Like 7

Ahoy Mike!

While the admin has stated that they plan on adding "fictional" ships, they have argued that these would be limited to plans that were created during the era that simply didn't make it to the shipyard

We already have several fictional ships in the game. We plan to add more.

Yacht for example - existed only on paper. Because we plan to use Chapman drawings further - we do guarantee that some fictional vessels will be implemented in the game.

Yes.. historically conceived ships, or ships that could have been drawn by a historical architect. (like the brig - which is purely a generic vessel)

The Black Pearl on the other hand is a fantasy ship, existing only within the world of Pirates of the Caribbean.

However, I suggest looking into the ship Golden Hind, a Fast-Galleon used by the pirate/privateer Sir Francis Drake in the late 14th century (a bit earlier than the intended time frame of Naval Action, but still close enough. She is arguably the inspiration for the Black Pearl, as she was one of the larger pirate vessels of history. 

• Like 3

I certainly hope this ship doesnt get added, i would like to keep the unrealistic/unhistoric stuff out, the addition of unhistoric things is what ruined war thunder, dont want the same to happen here.

I think you mean that other tank game - WoT. If a tank designer drew an outline of a tank on a napkin in a pub it would make in into that game! Otherwise I agree!

• Like 1

The black Pea®l are an Indiaman ship of the East India Company... A trade ship. :)

The black Pearl appears to me to look more similar to a small/medium Galleon. Perhaps a Trade galleon, but not an Indiaman.

Add dis boat 2 plz.  [image]

An illegally modified vessel optimized for speed and maneuverability? That has "Pirate" written all over it!

Edited by William the Drake
  • Like 2

I think you mean that other tank game - WoT. If a tank designer drew an outline of a tank on a napkin in a pub it would make in into that game! Otherwise I agree!

off topic: war thunder has done similar things, a lot of IS series, hellcat with 90mm gun, me 262 with rocket engine, yak 15, xp series and the list goes on...

on topic: i would love to see a tie fighter, would be great for combat in the seven seas, the limited view would be annoying, but great ship and unlike Dougiohs suggestion it isn't illegally modified making it more accurate and easier to model! /s

I'm not interested in seeing this particular ship anytime soon but eventually, and after we have tons of ships to choose from, a ship of this type could be fun without having any meaningful effect on the tone of the game. I never felt a need to complain about the whale ship in Potbs. It was fun and changed some of the monotony.

............... You know this is on the lines of what a Galleon Type trader  or Indiaman looked like in the 1600s, Same as the Flying Dutchman took on the shape of a Race built galleon.

Swedish Wasa feel free to visit the stockholm museum instead of some partly build replica in the lower antilles

War Thunder started out as what seemed to be a more historical alternative to the World of Tanks/Warplanes series (which makes heavy use of prototypes and paper projects and more-or-less imaginary vehicles), but eventually started to throw that away by adding some weird-looking prototypes and such. More significantly, apparently a lot of the flight models or stats for the different planes have, at one point or another, been really out of line with how they were in real life. Whether that was due to Gaijin having hard-ons for different nations/planes at different points* or general incompetence, who knows. I haven't paid WT much attention in a while. 

*Sometimes a whole bunch of the US planes would be OP. Sometimes a whole bunch of the Russian planes were overly buffed (because Russian devs). Sometimes a whole bunch of the Japanese planes would be underpowered compared to real life. Sometimes a bunch of the German planes would be underpowered compared to real life. 

Edited by Arvenski
  • Like 2