Game-Labs Forum

New ammunition to help boarding

During the days of complex boarding some ships could either throw or fire grappling hooks at ships to aid in boarding.

Naval action needs a method of long distance boarding so I suggest grappling hooks be an ammo which can pull ships towards you but will only be available with 100% boarding prep.

Or maybe an option saying throw hooks or something.

Well the "problem" with the boarding atm is that the current system is that ships have to travel at less then 5 knots in order to board.

They should make it so the speed difference has to be less then 5 knots for example.

Since atm if 2 ships are Side to side traveling at 6-10 knots with sides touching you can not board.

Even though  both ships are moving at the exact same speeds so the relevant speed differance is non existant.

so atm i pretty much have to force ships to slow down by collisions or if they make mistakes turning into the wind.

so they should change the system so 2 ships traveling 6-10 knots in the same direction can board while ships traveling opposite directions at 5-10 knots each can not board since the merging speed is to high.

but the boarding range itself is not a problem.

• Like 2

Well the "problem" with the boarding atm is that the current system is that ships have to travel at less then 5 knots in order to board.

They should make it so the speed difference has to be less then 5 knots for example.

Since atm if 2 ships are Side to side traveling at 6-10 knots with sides touching you can not board.

Even though  both ships are moving at the exact same speeds so the relevant speed differance is non existant.

so atm i pretty much have to force ships to slow down by collisions or if they make mistakes turning into the wind.

so they should change the system so 2 ships traveling 6-10 knots in the same direction can board while ships traveling opposite directions at 5-10 knots each can not board since the merging speed is to high.

but the boarding range itself is not a problem.

i agree +1