Game-Labs Forum

Taking friendly fire and 2 players the same person.

I was just in a battle with 2 bellonas and a brig. When I enter battle I get ordered to leave because they were farming and I feel that the battle should be for a point so I fire 1 broadside in my snow and the friendly brig piloted by a person named Honey Smacks and bombarded by my friendly bell piloted by a person called B man.

At that point a player named slim joined saying the same had happened to him by the same players.

He is more than happy to act as witness.

No screenshots because I sank from the bell broadside and an on purpose ram from the brig.

I request these players be temporarily banned or worse because this was a textbook case of intended team killing.

P.S B man wat the only other person talking and when he stopped sailing the other ships started. Coincidence? I think not!

Edited by Captain Comery

I can attest to this. Right outside of M-town, saw a pirate v pirate battle going on, joined and they asked me to leave, fired a couple shots at me and I left. Came back to the game about an hour later, saw a battle in a similar area, joined and saw Captain Comery get shot multiple times. I left before they could train their cannons on me 

I thought f11 is for bugs.

Just wait until tomorrow afternoon and you'll have a witness for your evidence. What better evidence is there than a person who saw everything?

Problem with this is its easy to convince someone to post some text, it is harder to fabricate photo evidence.

See how slim confirms my story.

We were both assaulted by the previously mentioned players.

In law when 2 story's confirm the same event timeline how can you argue that this is flawed. If this were a criminal case it would be a strong one as 2 accounts say the same story.

And an F11 report wouldn't help much because team killers need to be named and shamed.

Note: I only met slim in battle today, never have we met before and I'm bad at starting conversations so how can we possibly have conspired against these players and go through this forum. It's a lot of work and if I wasn't telling the truth I would not have bothered with a phony report.

To quote George Washington "I cannot tell a lie".

See how slim confirms my story.

We were both assaulted by the previously mentioned players.

In law when 2 story's confirm the same event timeline how can you argue that this is flawed. If this were a criminal case it would be a strong one as 2 accounts say the same story.

And an F11 report wouldn't help much because team killers need to be named and shamed.

Note: I only met slim in battle today, never have we met before and I'm bad at starting conversations so how can we possibly have conspired against these players and go through this forum. It's a lot of work and if I wasn't telling the truth I would not have bothered with a phony report.

To quote George Washington "I cannot tell a lie".

There is something you forget when talking about real life, if you lie in a court case you can be jailed, yet it happens all the time, now is there a reason to tell the truth here? sure you have morals, but a lot of people would still lie here and it is also super easy as you are just looking at a screen behind your keyboard.

Edited by OlavDeng2

Remember Bungee that was changed

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/6419-warning-friendly-kills-for-all-nations-are-not-allowed/?p=121997

Warning - ruleset change.

Friendly fire for pirates was initially allowed to provide the opportunity for group vs group fights. OW was always pulling all the pirates to one side in the instance (even reinforcements) and as a result 6 v 6 were always 11 v 1 in the instance. 

Many pirates started to use this mechanic always joining the friendly side to sink the opponent. No group fights were happening.. only abuse. We have to change the rules as a result.

Rule change.

Sinking, boarding, or denial of the derelicts is not allowed against friendlies for anyone. Any green on green kills are forbidden.

If friendlies sink you file a F11 report from the battle, make screenshots, and report it to Tribunal.

Such events should be screnshotted and F11 should be filed as well (it provides battle logs). 

We are adding a friendly kill tracker next patch and punishment for friendly kills will be automatic in the future, without the need of the tribunal. 

• Like 4

Such events should be screnshotted and F11 should be filed as well (it provides battle logs). 

We are adding a friendly kill tracker next patch and punishment for friendly kills will be automatic in the future, without the need of the tribunal. 

Even when hit by mistake? :P

Admin said: automatic. Thats why i asking if hit teammate by mistake in combat this will be penalized as well? and how system will recognize intentions?

As a new Tester I can give a different view of this event since I was there.

Several of us NEW (week or less ) were in a battle trying to learn things like Capturing, Boarding, Aiming, Range of Fire, Different ammos vs Reload times vs Mode (Gunnery/Survive/Saling/Boarding).

While testing Naval action per our Agreed Terms of Alpha, we had several NPC's along with Players join in for the sake of getting FREE EXPERIENCE (Exactly what the poster said when he entered the battle).

We asked him to leave politely SEVERAL times and told him there was a ship (Privateer) that we were trying to capture (And failed, we are still noobs). And players refused to leave while firing at everything that was an enemy to them.

Several players (Lord Vicious, Bismark83 and Revenki) have been super helpful in getting us up to speed, showing us the ropes, and making the game enjoyable, Thank you very much.

thb I practically explode at the slightest thing, part of my Asperger's syndrome I guess.

I was also a little peeved that I can't do better than a snow and in OW is "all for one and one for all" unlike when we got fre dog in sea trials.

I feel that we are all the same deep inside and if we fight the game won't be fun so I propose we let bygones be bygones.

When I hit trinc I won't feel so small in OW and calm down a bit. That plus when boarding bugs are fixed.