Game-Labs Forum

Thoughts on OW and what you would like to see happen with it.

I would like to start by saying that i enjoy this game very much.  The battles are near perfect after a lot of testing and i am happy with where the game is now.  This does not mean however that i would not like to see some things changed.  For one i feel that with the time acceleration on ships in OW it does not feel like sailing at all.  IK people want this speed to cut down travel times, however i feel that it takes away from the feeling of sailing and the enjoyment of exploring in open world.  Maybe we could just have a speed up day/night cycle and make the oceans between continents smaller so that it would still take the same amount of time to sail from Continent to Continent as it does now, but it would be at a realistic speed, and not speedboat speed.  The major thing i would love to see this game have its everything happening in OW.  What i mean by this is make something like POTCO where you can sail up to any ship and start shooting it in open world.  You could also just join in on an attack by sailing into the battle like in real life.  This would eliminate the battle countdown and loading times in takes to go from OW to a battle stage when you try to attack something in OW.  It would add to the realism and immersion into the game.  I miss my times of sailing around and interacting with people and battling in an OW environment.  I feel that OW at this stage is just a Que to wait in till you find a battle to join.  And before anyone hates, i understand this is an alpha.  Like i said, i love this game and only wish to see the best come out of it.  

I would love an in game map because I get lost so many times when I travel far out.

When this happens I don't want to go online and constantly look for a map to guide me.

I wouldn't care how basic the map is as long as it gets me fro A to B.

Also perhaps shipwrecks could be added that can be looted for trade goods and gold.

• Like 1