Game-Labs Forum

New men per Rank !?

Hello

Now it´s            Men                 Best possible Ship (normal crew)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

midshipman   = 40                   Cutter (40)

ensign           = 50                   Pickle (55)

Jun.Lieuten.  =110                  Mercury(135)

Lieutenant     =150                  Cerberus (195)

M&Com.        =250                  Frigate or BellePoule (280)

Post Captain =350                  Constitution (450) ? dont like it, but see it often

Flag captain =450                   Bellona (650) ? dont like it, but see it often

Commodore =650                   Victory, Pawel and saw Santissimas

and so on

perhaps you should change it a little bit like

midshipman   = 40                   cutter (40)

ensign           = 50                   Pickle (55)

Jun.Leutn.     = 90                   Brig(110)

Leutnant       =130                  Mercury (130)

M&Com.        =200                  Renommee (200) or Surprise (240)

Post Captain =300                  Frigate or BellePoule (280) or captured Trincomalee(350)

Flag captain =400                   Constitution (450)

Commodore =600                   Bellona (650)

so we dont have the jump from brigs/cerberus to Frigates like cherubim or belle poule and see more player Renommee´s and Surprise´s

an idea!

greetings

• Like 4

yeah the grind from unrated boats to 5th/4th rates seems a little fast to me. your suggestion would greatly increase the game  longevity and doubly provide a greater variety of player ships on the game world.

I didn't check any numbers and might be writing nonsense, but the feeling I had was that it was the rank advance (xp amount) that was too easy from midshipman up to post captain. From there onwards it seems about right. The main point however, imho is to keep the smaller ships useful in the long run (ie. the shallow water battles).

Edited by Vega

i have np with the current system, but there are this jumps from ship class to ship class i show in my post above. yes with hammocks and marines you can push up your crews, but lose an upgrade slot or two. i only try to find a way to a greater variety of ships in the game.

I found this to be very informative. As a Jr Lt. I have the cash to buy a constitution, but lack the XP to man it. I was asking such questions on the in game chat, and couldn't get a reply. I guess I should visit the forum on a regular basis. After all I have been in the Navy almost a week now. lol 

When provided a new ship by the admiralty you were entitled to draw or recruit enough crew and officers to man it.

I hope for some crew quality moidifiers in the future that would effect the quality of crew you can recruit rather than the number.

Your suggestion would force us to undercrew even more ships which I dont like at all.

I have the feeling you see it from the pve perspective where we happily use bigger ships with lesser crew. It does not represent the PvP aspect of the game.

If you had asked me we would need even more crew per rank. Not all but many.

Commodore: 650. well Pavel is technically a 3rd rate and we cant man it. Not even 90%. Stupid imo.

Master and Commander is okay with 250. Its the choice small frig vs undercrewed 32 gunner

Leutenant is very good with 150. It means either sail a fully capable brig rigged ship or undercrew a small frigate.

thats exactly what i mean. I dont like undercrew the ships too. And i see it all the time. And some ships are total stupid to sail. No inteligent player sail a renommee as M&C if he can undercrew a bellepoule only with 10%..., but with 30% he feel the difference..