Game-Labs Forum

NVIDIA WaveWorks

Hi. Have you heard about NVIDIA WaveWorks?

"NVIDIA WaveWorks enables developers to deliver a cinematic-quality ocean simulation for interactive applications. The simulation runs in the frequency domain using a spectral wave dispersion model. An inverse FFT step then transforms to the spatial domain ready for rendering. The NVIDIA WaveWorks simulation is initialized and controlled by a simple C API and the results are accessed for rendering through a HLSL shader API. Parameterization is via intuitive real-world variables, such as wind speed and direction. These parameters can be used to tune the look of the sea surface for a wide variety of conditions - from gentle ripples to a heavy storm-tossed ocean based on the Beaufort scale."

Im curios is it possible to implement?

• Like 1

I think OP is wondering about something to help fix buoyancy issues in OW :P

Bring back the stormy seas!

I remember a map in ST, it was not the storm map, but a rough waters map.  I hope to get more of that in OW.

Edited by Booyaah

we have 10x better tech. Unity wanted to buy it but we refused.

Nvidia wave works works only on the huge exhibition computers with 1 ship with no moving parts.

Yeah, but you still have major issue with water going through hull and ships dive under water with distortion around them on the Open Sea... Other than that, Instance battles look ok. I will call it perfect when I see it is being fixed.  :D

• Like 1