Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sir_Wiener_Von_Snitzel

Will we see more crew on the ships in the future?

When fighting in battle its feels kinda lifeless on board the ships. I know there is like 8 guys standing and push a bit to the cannons, but for a ship with 500 crew i would expect to see a bit more.

I saw in a old post that boarding combat would not be a thing, witch is understandable. However i really hope to see more crew like powder monkeys and sailors running around, and marines and sharpshooters firing.

uvMVNZl.jpgtS8sf64.jpg

I know all this is all mostly cosmetics, but for me atlest its a big thing :)

Yeah it is lifeless aboard each ship currently. Just a couple of guys doing the same animation over and over again while clipping through the cannons. Would be nice to see more crew on board doing different stuff.

Boarding combat would be cool lol.

They can also monetize it by enabling us, the players, to modify the crew; their looks and the amount. 

It doesn't affect the stats at all, just the look so definitely not pay to win; I for once would definitely do that because simply speaking, its a good way to support the game developers.

This falls under "cosmetic" additions, they mentioned these are low priority at the moment.  They did mention it was very hard on system performance to add more crew but i hope the launch edition has an option to turn it on in the menus, id love to watch guys run around and get blasted and such.  lol

hey now, War Thunder is not to be grouped in a category that low lol.  Dev on it is slow, but at least in the last year we actually had a new game mode installed, where as Dayz still has the same basic zombie issues it had 2 years ago.  lol

Guest raat

hey now, War Thunder is not to be grouped in a category that low lol.  Dev on it is slow, but at least in the last year we actually had a new game mode installed, where as Dayz still has the same basic zombie issues it had 2 years ago.  lol

Japanese Zero flight model....enough said. :lol:

Guest raat

Bearcat is still worse :P

Nothing says MERICA like a substained 60% climb degree :P

So, we agree.  War Thunder stays on that list.  ;)

This falls under "cosmetic" additions, they mentioned these are low priority at the moment.

Lol, Maybe new sounds of canons weren't low priority? But were implemented to game.

Great idea, i want more crew and more boarding animations. Many additinal crew should be hidden if you push button or locked option for low graphics

Edited by Shavier

Im ok with a comprimize of having some officers and maybe remove some of the 'ordinery' crew to make it ''feel" like someone is in charge of the ship, all this offcourse when more important things is more polished. :)

You need to put up the tree before you start covering it with baubles and lights.

Unfortunately the forum is obsessed with baubles and lights

Edited by BustyLove

So, we agree.  War Thunder stays on that list.  ;)

I don't know they just announced British tanks for Ground Forces are coming out. ;)

Can't comment on the aircraft I am mostly a tanker. They did update the UI recently as well.