Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Lord Vicious

OP Suck compared to battle alpha

Sorry for title was for capture attention.

I really enjoyed the battle mod alpha. The game impressed me considering was an alpha was already good, coming from potbs, and eve oline, i reached santi in less than 100 games.  78% win so i am not a noob .

The game for me never crashed, never got a graphic problem.      Ai was resonable even if too easy to defeat, use double dmg, make them use repair than stick to them side by side...

The players where organized etc combat where fun and tactical.

Now talking about OP.

Hard to find other players with no map,  0 organization, is pretty much a big  all vs pve, and sometimes gank .

Interface, is ugly, i now  is alpha etc, but is very messy, confused etc,

When i exit to op  50% of time i get grafics errors  texture mess up, like lines etc.  (got no issue with battle mod and no issue with all my  other games but op make me crash the nvidia drivers (changed them 3-4 times to various versions still same.)

The main issue regards Op is that imho you released it too early, is very raw.

The lack of map make it really annoyng, cant alt tab over and over..

The Ai is not smart, is simply annoyng, circle around 0 mistakes,  always upwind   impossible to try to shoot on stern/bow  on equal ships.

The starting is also very problematic,  90% of npc move on fleet 2+, you are alone with a 4 cannon ship,  1 repair only (10 minutes wtf???? make it 3 i never used it twice tbh combat last less than 10 minutes... also if they volley  and dmg your pump on approch combat is over before start..)

Another issue you get no xp or gold for winning.. i made some battles with npc on my side vs npc we won, i got barely nothing since i have done low dmg,   ergo win or lose matters nothing beside losing ship, is all about how much dmg you doo. very semplicistic imho..

Also fact that ppl go around with fleet of npcs, is meh...  at list make that you can have as many npcs as higher is your rank or something like that.  like every 3 tank > 1 ship control point and make big ships cost more cp

The smokes is too much, realistic yes, but very annoyng,  a middle way between what is now and what it was is better.

Also will be better , a brig as starting ship.. 

i hope this factors can be improved

Edited by Lord Vicious

It's alpha so it should have a small player-base. 

Interface is ugly? That's a bit disrespectful considering the fact that Game-Labs has less than 10 employee; I'd rather have them focus on relevant things at the moment.

Is your graphic card good enough for the game?

Life is hard, but life is funner if there's more challenge to it.

Smokes are fun; why complain.

• Like 2

"Also fact that ppl go around with fleet of npcs, is meh...  at list make that you can have as many npcs as higher is your rank or something like that.  like every 3 tank > 1 ship control point and make big ships cost more cp"

This is the stuff that makes me feel this is a troll post.  Player fleets havent been part of the game in weeks now.....

Or an U-Boot perhaps  :P

obviously a starting ship should be a battleship with submarine capebilities while also being powered by a jet engine with foldable wings so it can fly, also dont forget both a large battery og 16 inch guns and also about 20 torpedo launchers.

on a serious note, what OP needs to do is go and find a group of people to play with, things get a lot more organised extremely quickly.

Actually I'm not sure why everyone suddenly started with all that troll flame here.

He wrote his opinion, in constructive and calm way. He didn't write "OMG THIS GAME SUX BALLZ, GEVEME BAK MAH MONAY OF I SUE U FAGGTZ!!".
Shame, shame, shame, *ding*

Lord Vicious, its still alpha, and every aspect of game is tested, ballanced, wiped, changed. So maybe better for you, do like most of my friend did when you dont feel like a tester: Wait few months untill game will be in much better form. Now everything is raw.
Yes interface is like from a windows 98' But atm. its the least important thing that players need. They wont add fancy interface because we still don't know how many new ingame options we will get.

About Lynx being starter ship, its normal way to start in every other game. You get a smallest ship/tank/goat, thats its free, and make your way up. And getting brig is hour of gameplay?

Map thing is still under heavy discussion, along with navigation stuff etc.

About NPC groups too big: Find a friend, sail with bigger players, they wont mind fo sure if some lynx will sail and shoot phunny cannons on enemy.
Also NPC right now sail in groups 1x lynx/privateer/cutter and 1x trader lynx/trader cutter/trader brig. Double Profit for you, cause traders dont have cannons.

Smoke is ok imo. It could even last longer on a sea, so that would look even more like all those paintings.

• Like 8

My stance is completely opposite.

I hardly played the skirmish mode. With the OW I am enjoying myself immensely. Fighting, navigating, etc. For me it's the best game of this genre and it isn't even finished yet!.

• Like 3

This is just alpha, I don't see why you are complaining. Theirs a lot of work to be done and with weekly patches from a small staff they are doing an amazing job. And the UI Is the last thing to worry about, the game mechanics and functions are the most important. Maybe you should wait for the game to go full release before you play. ;)

• Like 2

Find friend is hard, they barely manage to find you.. with no maps.

also no vocal chat , and you cant tell to players in OP where the battle is, becouse in battle you have only local battle chat.

btw today i managed to kill a bellona with a Lynx , and again a victory,  is very easy to "block" big alone first-2nd-3rd class  while is very hard play lynx vs brig  or vs other small ships..

2015_07_24_00001.jpg

2015_07_24_00003.jpg

2015_07_24_00004.jpg

my grafic card is a gtx 660 2gb ram but the game make ndivida drivers crash 

Edited by Lord Vicious

This is just alpha, I don't see why you are complaining. Theirs a lot of work to be done and with weekly patches from a small staff they are doing an amazing job. And the UI Is the last thing to worry about, the game mechanics and functions are the most important. Maybe you should wait for the game to go full release before you play. ;)

i Work as dev (game designer) , and we release game on steam, i play online since 1996 ,  i think i am in a better position than you for give some constructive critics.  

The interface issue is not the windows 95 look, is the lack of informations on your ship stats, modules etc 

Again the battle mod was very solid,  as gameplay as well the code.    OP is a mess. if you cant see it,  turn on your monitor. 

Edited by Lord Vicious

i Work as dev (game designer) , and we release game on steam, i play online since 1996 ,  i think i am in a better position than you for give some constructive critics.  

Again the battle mod was very solid,  as gameplay as well the code.    OP is a mess. if you cant see it,  turn on your monitor. 

These are some pretty inflammatory remarks.  OW is not a mess.  It is an alpha.  Each iteration brings it closer to a fully playable game.  Each iteration, the devs surprise us with amazing content.  We have no way to verify you are a game designer, so you aren't in a better position to give constructive criticism, and we also have no way to verify you sank a Victory and a Bellona with your Lynx.  In fact, I can tell you that is impossible.  There isn't enough time for a 8 gun ship to sink a sol.  And why does it matter?

• Like 3

Yea, the interface is clunky at this stage. To answer a specific concern of yours ... you can right click on a player's name in National/Global/Help chats and open a private chat with them. Forming a detachment also will open a private chat channel for players in yhe group (and put a symbol over their ship in the OW, errr... OP).

also no vocal chat , and you cant tell to players in OP where the battle is, becouse in battle you have only local battle chat.

Actually if you press ctrl and click the black icon beside where you type, chat will pop up and you can select Nation, Global, Help & Group.

Edited by HellsFury

These are some pretty inflammatory remarks.  OW is not a mess.  It is an alpha.  Each iteration brings it closer to a fully playable game.  Each iteration, the devs surprise us with amazing content.  We have no way to verify you are a game designer, so you aren't in a better position to give constructive criticism, and we also have no way to verify you sank a Victory and a Bellona with your Lynx.  In fact, I can tell you that is impossible.  There isn't enough time for a 8 gun ship to sink a sol.  And why does it matter?

took me 44 mins to shoot  the bellona down btw  on double dmg

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197962254727

ps. hi Nelson

Edited by Lord Vicious

took me 44 mins to shoot  the bellona down btw  on double dmg

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197962254727

ps. hi Nelson

You are a developer of one game that hasn't done squat in over a year in terms of getting funds and development, so you really are not in any better position from that stand point.  Your indigo support page doesn't exsist and no web page about your game.

Edited by Balsafer

Lord vicious. What you played previously before open world was released was the tail end of a long development cycle of alpha play for the ship battles.

That is why it was so well refined. You missed most of the pain in other words.

Now what you are playing is the front end of the alpha cycle for the open world. There will be considerable pain that you can help develop into a strong and interesting game.

The key is to give constructive feedback.

Reading your original post sounds like a lot of whinging and demanding and especially accusations of wrong doing than feedback. That is why people got there backs up a little here.

Fact is the new combat system is better and certainly more challenging than before. As you say it is no longer a case of just running next to the ai and blasting them to pieces because you could be guaranteed they would not land a shot if you were just forward of them. I think the key though is to get into a bigger ship. One that I have not achieved yet. The small ships are a bunch of fun but hard to handle as gun platforms especially at speed.

I am also getting fairly low fps in the open world and even in the battle instances... 10-15 fps in ow and 25 in battle instances. Once this is optimised and smooth it will make a huge difference.

At the moment the rudder controls in open world are very annoying which once again a optimised game will take care of after they are happy with everything they put in. I have been playing world of warships lately with friends...yuk I know... Its simple and unrealistic and boring grind... But i think q and e in wow for full rudder and a and d for temporary increments would be better than what we have in naval action, thr double tap rudder is too hard to use esp for noobs in the ow because of the input delay. Wow also has permanent rudder increments, 25%, 50% and 100% iirc that would also be controlled by q and e. It would be even better to be able to set incements yourself in a contol scheme however so you can have as small as you like.

• Like 2