Game-Labs Forum

Need help on upgrades

I have three items on my Port screen

Permanent Upgrades

Two Upgrade slots

Large Upgrades box at the top right of my screen.

The way I think i understand it, permanent upgrades come with ship. Not sure what the different text colors mean.

Is it possible to add to these somehow?

The two upgrade slots seem to be the only ones that are actually active

I currently like to have Pelew's Sights and Powder Monkeys (reduced loading time) in these two slots.

I have a lot of upgrades in the large box on the right. Can I use these in any way (besides selling them off).?

Thanks for any tips/pointers.

Mercury - Master and Commander

• Like 1

The box on the top right is just a temporary storage area for modules. You can also move them into your warehouse in any outpost for more secure storage of them. The module storage area gives no buffs.

The colors signify the quality of module - it goes basic, common, rare, mastercraft until exceptional. As you go up the buff percentage increases but also the side effects eg. speed trim gives a speed buff but also a turning nerf - turning trim is the opposite to this. 

I suggest you look at what permanent modules you have on your ship and make a decision - There are several trains of thought -  Either find a similar module to stack your perm buffs in the mod slots OR pick entirely different mods than your permanent mods to either create a more rounded ship OR mods that complement each other eg. optimised rudder and LW ropes etc.

• Like 1

The box in the top right is some generic storage, all modules in it can be moved on the ship in whatever port you're in.

Stored modules in port will only be available in that port.

How I use it in game:

In the module box I store modules like speed upgrades and fight upgrades.

When I'm taking a boat out for a long trip, I fit the speed upgrades on it.

Once I arrive at my destination, I change those modules by fighting modules, go out and start looking for trouble.

Grtzzz Bubbles

If you got durabilites your good, only the Hold goes down with a single ship

**important note: only move itme s to warehouses in ports you OWN. Anything else gets deleted

Typically best modules are:

Copper plating

Speed trim

Powder moneys

Improved magazine access

Toolbox

When im hunting bots i throw on extra pistols for the boarding buff.