Game-Labs Forum

Crashes when using bug reporter

warkk

Hi all, we received information that reporting bug in game can cause game crashes or even BSOD (blue screen of death). 

So to clarify, Does this happen when bug reporter is opened? (F11 pressed) or when bug report is actually sent ("Send" button is pressed)? 

Thanks in advance.

Same here, happens as soon as the F11 key is pressed. Have submitted a few Steam crash reports.

Seems to be more likely the longer the game has been running.

Instinct would make me look at the video card/screen copy as a likely culprit. Perhaps it happens with a specific class of video card.

In my case, this occurs with a ThinkPad integrated card, so I don't consider the problem as a high priority as if it happened with a high powered card.

• 2 weeks later...

I've never had a BSOD but I have had the game freeze up completely a few times when I tried to send a bug report. It was always when I clicked send as it was trying to generate the reports. It seemed the longer I went between sending F11's the longer it took them to send so maybe it's a build up of log information? This usually occurred when I was on my older laptop.