Game-Labs Forum

'Golden' Yacht 8-Guns (With Plans)

Trying to make a lion-ish head for the anchor cables, but not yet succeeding :P For the purpose of showing the progress of the side decorations I removed the boards:

SQrqyj1.jpg

And here with the boards and added the figurines at the doors:

UXI5KTs.jpg

Edited by Wicked Mouse
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

you can only have 26.000 triangles (not polygons) max for the size of that vessel. It's looking pretty nice but I'm 100% certain you are way past this limit.

A ship can look beautiful but it has to be able to run in a game engine :D that's why most of those golden details are gonna be in your textures instead of modeling them.

If you look at it from a long distance you don't even notice that it wasn't modeled. Btw inspect some ships ingame with the free camera you will see how low poly they are.

I don't know, but way too much. And counting it of the entire model would mean I have to go into edit mode on every single object and note the amount of triangles and then add them later all together. But the count is very high mainly because of the statues, because that's a hi-poly model and thus I'd need to manually clean it up. I can use un-subdevide modifiers, but that's not too pretty. One statue on the rear counts 17k :D

Edited by Wicked Mouse

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow what a beautiful model! Out of interest did you did this in 3ds Max, Maya or blender?

Also have you individually textured parts or used a UV wrap?

I made it in Blender :) And I tested unwrapping temporarily. I probably will have to change things later. Once I have more official requirements, I will continue on this project. :)

• 3 months later...

Hey wicked

Maybe after this model you can put in the Botter. It is a fishing ship that also can be used for transport. For reference i suggest to go to Bunschoten-Spakenburg where they still maintain and build botters to this day and i don't know the exact counting but there are around 30-40 ships.

One of the better part is that it has a more or less similair hull.

Edited by pietjenoob

• 2 weeks later...

hi all i am new to this forum but you guys make some nice 3 d drawings.

i am e moddelbuilder and made this chip rc

http://www.modelbouwen.be/threads/8825-17-eeuws-jacht-1-16-%28-DONE-%29

i use cad and google shetsup fore drawing 3d ship models  but if i c waht you guys doing wow  i think i gonne  chek out the 3d titorial from you guys.

my intrests go to dutchs chips 17 century so if i can help whit somting on dutch ships feel free the ask

Edited by amazone