Game-Labs Forum

Match Play - the first stage

Minimum, or maximum?

I hope that instances don't close based on group numbers, but based on sailing time. If it would take more than 5 hours to get there in the real world, everything is over by the time you get there, and the battle is hidden from you. That way you can have people jump in to your rescue, but you don't have an entire society vengefully setting sail from half a world away while your opponent kites.

You miss my meaning Maturin. What I'm referring to (in comparison) is something like the platoons in tanks. To have in depth strategy you need cooperation between players which can only happen when people have played together and learned the strengths and weaknesses of their group members and use common terminology. So if your have a clan in NA, your hope is to be able to sail with them in the matches because those are who you have trained with. You want to "group" up with them for the fights. In WoT you can only group up with 2 other of your mates. This would be bad in NA in my opinion. I believe we need to be able to form groups of at least 6(I prefer 10) to fight with in the matches. Remember I'm talking here about the matchplay release of the game. Otherwise you are just gonna have 25 vs 25 brawls with no real in depth tactics that will make NA enjoyable. You find no in depth tactics in WoT and even less in Warthunder because groups or "platoons" are limited in size.

On the open map: if you lose your ship - you have to buy or find a new one. 

will it be an open map like in potbs or an open world where you sail (like in a potbs battle) however an idea is to have perm pvp on the sea, also some sort of reputation system so people wont attack eachother unless they are at war or pirates etc.