Game-Labs Forum

Marion van Ghent

'Twould seem appropriate to post greetings here, particularly as I see some familiar names amongst the posts I've browsed so far!

I just found out about Naval Action. I've been missing doing any 3D shipbuilding of late -- much less sorely wanting a naval combat simulator -- and started searching to see if there were any new games that might sate such needs. Alas, the answer is "no, not yet;" but this seems a promising development!

I've long been interested in naval architecture and history. Growing up I was lucky enough to have the full run of "The Seafarers" books, and my naval library has only grown since  B) I enjoyed the old game "Age of Sail II" despite its many, many flaws, playtested its sequel "Privateers' Bounty," and was deeply involved in the creation of ships, flags, and sails for Pirates of the Burning Sea for 4 or so years. (How many ships did I make for that game -- 7?)

I'm looking forward to seeing how Naval Action develops, and hoping to see a game that picks up where AoSII left off and other games never went!

• Like 2