Game-Labs Forum

Most historically accurate AI?

Riekopo

Sorry, have to clarify more. For historical reasons, not a seek of more challenge, it is advised to play with the more defensive AI, for both sides.

If you play as Union, then Cautious, Defensive or Opportunist AI are slow advancing.

If you play as CSA again, playing vs Cautious, Defensive, Cunning, Opportunist should resemble more a Union Commander of that time, not risking much.

• Like 1

So if I'm playing as the CSA then play against Cautious, Defensive, Cunning, or Opportunist? If I'm playing as the Federals then play against Cautious, Defensive, or Opportunist? What about Cunning?

What does difficulty change exactly? Does it just change stats or does it change AI behavior?

So if I'm playing as the CSA then play against Cautious, Defensive, Cunning, or Opportunist? If I'm playing as the Federals then play against Cautious, Defensive, or Opportunist? What about Cunning?

What does difficulty change exactly? Does it just change stats or does it change AI behavior?

It changes the behavior. If I'm summarizing correctly, the farther right you go along the AI scale, the more aggressive they become, and the farther up you go in the scale, the more "smart" or tactical it becomes. So a determined AI will very effectively charge you and push you back, and a cautious AI will be more laid back, and easier to attack. Those being just two extremes. Hopefully I said that right, I'm still not sure about the mechanics either.

How doesn't that make sense? The AI gets zero bonuses over you. If they beat you they beat you fair and square. Some AI's are harder because they use all of their available brigades and attack/defend effectively. Easier AI's may not commit all of their brigades to an attack, or not try and flank you, which makes it easier on you.