Game-Labs Forum

Players entering existing battle

As the mechanics are now if your battle is long, the longer it takes the more you risk a bigger ship of the enemy nation (or even your own!) joining the battle and killing you and taking your prize.

Law of the jungle?  - no - with the accelerated sailing time in OW and slow time in battle instance it is unfair and wrong!

IRL only upwind ships that could see the battle start (or perhaps hear it) would normally join a battle. ------ NOT ships cruising about at 125 MPH looking for giant crossed swords as a target for possible looting!

I suggest a 5 min limit - that's about 10 miles away at 125 MPH.

-----

Also - I for one would sure like to be able to look around while boarding or capturing a ship. right now my viewpoint is frozen while the the game does it's calculating during this procedure.

It is a VERY nerve wracking time when you are boarding a Swedish ship!

I suggest the mechanics be adjusted (programmed) so we can look around while the boarding and capturing is happening - please?

• Like 1

Also - I for one would sure like to be able to look around while boarding or capturing a ship. right now my viewpoint is frozen while the the game does it's calculating during this procedure.

....No.. why would it be? I have no idea what you mean...

Well. I agree. Looking around should be possible while boarding. Maybe, as long as you are on the winning side you should even be able to disengage and cut free.

regards

KM

;)  :D

interesting idea about looking around whilst boarding - however even if you were able to look around how would this help you you are locked in the boarding anyway - and also you can see when someone joins the battle because the game stutters and then you press tab and look. I suppose you could use it for looking at the distance of the enemy ship from you but that's about it.

Edited by SCL

You should be able to withdraw from boarding as well (although your opponent would need to have an opportunity to prevent this and counter-board if they have sufficient combat strength).

• Like 1