Game-Labs Forum
admin

Questions to developers

Hello Noble Captains of all factions ( and even the Brits).   Since the Unity 5 update i've noticed that Ports and ships suddenly pop into the picture.

There is no gradual transition and this can be disconcerting and especially when an enemy appears. This apparent weakness with the drawing of images might be rectified with the next patch hopefully.

Happy sailing everyone and best regards from Staines and crew.

8 minutes ago, scottydog said:

Hello Noble Captains of all factions ( and even the Brits).   Since the Unity 5 update i've noticed that Ports and ships suddenly pop into the picture.

There is no gradual transition and this can be disconcerting and especially when an enemy appears. This apparent weakness with the drawing of images might be rectified with the next patch hopefully.

Happy sailing everyone and best regards from Staines and crew.

Captain, do you have a video with the problem?

I've tried searching, but i've come up blank...

Is there an official Road Map from the dev team? The ones i've found i *think* are from players compiling suggestions etc etc.

Crosbie

The second half of 2017 roadmap is here:

We have not published yet roadmap for the first half of 2018

@Ink I think that, now that final launch is closer, players should have some more information about the actual extension of the final wipe for the launch of the game.

A) We already know that XP and craft XP should be saved.

- Is it confirmed?

B ) I can assume that ships, material assets, and buildings will be wiped.

- Is it confirmed?

- but what about:

1) crafting blueprints;

2) skill books

3) knnowledge slots for ships

4) gold

C) We know that we will be awarded a special ship, but

- will this ship be like yacht (so basically we have a "infinite" ship that we will not able to trade) o will be just one "normal" ship (once sunk, it's gone, but we can trade it)?

D) also clans and clan warehouses will be automatically wiped?

- if it's so, there will be some form of reservation for names for the creator of the corresponding clan during testing phase?

Edited by victor
  • Like 2

Battle and Craft experience are safe. Anything other than that - we do not know yet, please follow our announcement as we always share such news in advance.

C) We know that we will be awarded a special ship

Pandora will be like current yacht

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ink said:

Battle and Craft experience are safe. Anything other than that - we do not know yet, please follow our announcement as we always share such news in advance.

Pandora will be like current yacht

thks for fast answer

I hope that at least also BP, skill books and knowledge will be saved

Edited by victor

Is it possible to get to know ...

1. when you‘ll adjust the BR of all ships, ...

2. if you‘re planing to reduce the thickness of 1st rates ...

3. and disable the stacking of (thickness) mods ...

3. and when you’ll finalize the sailing model of all ships - implementing the feedback you already asked for?

Edited by Navalus Magnus

Steam Achievements.  I posted it elsewhere on this forum where it makes sense, but was either ignored or not seen.

Please respond.

• Like 1

What will the plan be if a nation quits? I know this is unlikely at the moment but the thought crossed my mind, since the historical correctness of things, if a historically correct nation declined then new players would not stay because nobody on that side ... what would you do? 

6 minutes ago, Cpt Shadow said:

The Russian Carribean ...  or the Prussian Carribean ...  My main point is some people buying the game in the future may actually want to be on their rl home nation side and that nation may very well not exist in the future.  Just wondered what the plans were in the event of a nation disappearing. 

.....I wonder how the two Spanish players got on with port battles? lol   Or imagine the Dutch West India company disappearing.. lol   .. but we are all sailing historically accurate ships... lol

Admin stated somewhere that new playersbget a free forged papers the first 30 days after creating the account.

Jf a nation completly dies out (very likely to not happen on a populated server since national leaders dont aim for this, and if one aims for it the nation will get a lot of help because the old guys dtill remember it ... also safezones)

So if it dies out its likely that clans of other nations join this nation. In the end every nation gets a "pool" of new players clans can live from. A empty nation provides new players for your clan

On 21.01.2018 at 3:47 PM, Jean Ribault said:

Steam Achievements.  I posted it elsewhere on this forum where it makes sense, but was either ignored or not seen.

Please respond.

steam achievements are not currently on the priority list, just like many other interesting ideas like ability to change sets of ensigns and banners.
Once tutorial, localization and ui is done - they could be added of course. 

• Like 6

On 02.02.2018 at 1:19 PM, rediii said:

Admin stated somewhere that new playersbget a free forged papers the first 30 days after creating the account.

30 day forged papers for new players are not needed anymore. 
new player can get M&C rank by passing an exam and basically can switch nation by deleting the char and passing exams will help him to get to M&C

If you made a wrong choice you can just correct it within 2-3 hours. 

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, admin said:

30 day forged papers for new players are not needed anymore. 
new player can get M&C rank by passing an exam and basically can switch nation by deleting the char and passing exams will help him to get to M&C

If you made a wrong choice you can just correct it within 2-3 hours. 

not bad at all actually.

• Like 2

Would it be possible to have a wind direction indicator available while in port?

Is it possible to have a mouse vertical inverter option available? There are several players that prefer this type of mouse operation and it would get a few more players on board.

Thanks

DukeHQ

• Like 1

Any news on some of the ships in development? How are the Christian VII and Diana coming along? Just curious. It'd be cool to see screenshots of them, even if they're not finished yet. :)

Edited by Arvenski

In the tutorial Endurance exam and the Final Exam, Why does the Player crew give up when moral gets to zero (0) but, when AI moral gets to zero (0) the player still has to kill all the AI crew?

I have had AI at zero (0) moral with 75 crew and still had to kill all of the crew.

I have been at Zero (0) moral with over 80 crew and they just give up and AI wins the boarding

I understand that this is supposed to be a challenge, but, the rules should be the same for both sides of the battle.

Edited by Ripplefire

10 hours ago, Ripplefire said:

In the tutorial Endurance exam and the Final Exam, Why does the Player crew give up when moral gets to zero (0) but, when AI moral gets to zero (0) the player still has to kill all the AI crew?

I have had AI at zero (0) moral with 75 crew and still had to kill all of the crew.

I have been at Zero (0) moral with over 80 crew and they just give up and AI wins the boarding

I understand that this is supposed to be a challenge, but, the rules should be the same for both sides of the battle.

Once morale is at 0 all you have to do is Attack and they’ll surrender. Muskets, deck, and grenades don’t count as attacks.

Edited by Wraith

Greetings,

Im intrested is there any news on ETA of 3 Premium ships and if possible witch rates they will be  ?

6 hours ago, Lovec1990 said:

Greetings,

Im intrested is there any news on ETA of 3 Premium ships and if possible witch rates they will be  ?

4th - new visually improved Connie (known)

5th(?) Xebeq (known)

Unknown, but I half expect it to be some 12pdr frigate (wild speculation)

ETA unknown.

I'm anxiously awaiting the prem ship pack and how prem ships are going to be implemented.

Edited by jodgi

9 hours ago, jodgi said:

5th(?) Xebeq (known)

ETA unknown.

I'm anxiously awaiting the prem ship pack and how prem ships are going to be implemented.

Any proof or it is speculation?

12 hours ago, jodgi said:

5th(?) Xebeq (known)

ETA unknown.

Pandora ?

11 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Pandora ?

We can only guess, wildly. ;)

Wasn't also the Montanez spanish 3rd rate somewhere in the pipeline?