His Majesty's

WEST INDIES SQUADRON,

Serving at Jamaica Station, Kingston; Under the Command

of Commodore WILLIAM A. ROBERTS.

~ Est. 1720. ~

gYtmtm5.png

A L L   G E N T L E M E N

V O L U N T E E R S,

Who have a Desire to serve the CROWN, You are asked to fight for His Majesty in the

W E S T   I N D I E S   S Q U A D R O N,

now lying under attack by the evil empires of continental

Europe; and the rebelled, united States of America.

All will be met with the warmest Encouragement from the Officers appointed to

command her ships, who gives constant Attendance, and expects early Applications,

as it is intended to head out immediately on an advantageous Cruize.

GOD Save the K I N G.

gYtmtm5.png

CODE OF CONDUCT:

tPjMpDz.jpg?1

vaDp9SN.jpg?1

9Am0gTA.png

Edited by Arthur Brown
  • Like 10

Gentlemen and Fellow Countrymen,

Being appointed, through the Favour of our most excellent Governor, to raise a Body of Men for the service of his Majesty; It is the most happy Circumstance of my Life to be the Instrument of leading you forth to Honour and Renown.

Edited by William Roberts
  • Like 1

I am so sincerely enthralled to put forth my name and volunteer my ship for His Majesty's hired service. I say volunteer, but I do not wish to act under false pretenses; I very much expect to receive compensation for my actions, and look forward to sailing once again alongside His Majesty's more altruistic and patriotic captains. However, I wish to fully assert here that while I serve the Crown, I do so by serving my purse. In this way, I find myself patriotic as well as profitable. I find the arrangement suitably symbiotic. And I find that I can hardly wait to get started!

• 3 weeks later...

It has been a long time since I last prowled the seas, alongside countrymen of great courage and moral character. It is my wish to once again join my fellow Captains of what was the West Indies Squadron, Leeward Island Squadron, and then again the West Indies it seems. I put forth my name for consideration, a modest man and Captain in equal regard. Hereby offer my services to the Squadron and hope to bring about the destruction of any and all who oppose the crown, with the end goal of rekindling a sense of camaraderie in the ranks. I do so with a willing heart and bid you all a very fine day.

Yours Truly,

William Mercer   

Commodore Roberts, Fellow Captains,

It is with great joy that I am able to relate that the West Indies Squadron Code of Conduct has been added to the First Post for public viewing.  The Code is derived from the same which Captain Jonathan "Jack" Enfield wrote for our previous excursions into the West-Indies.  Contextually, there are only minor adaptations to the Articles, in which some were omitted due to applicability issues, otherwise the changes to the Code are simply aesthetic.

I remain &c.,

​A. Brown

Edited by Arthur Brown

• 5 weeks later...

Well I can say that it is about time we had a code to conduct ourselves by. I was starting to feel a bit to liberal with my behavior, and at least two most well convinced barmaids can attest to my vigor for King, Country, and love of life. Given this publication I must curtail my stamina and concentrate my efforts where it best serves His Majesty, much to the chagrin of what would be most well satisfied witnesses all along this station. Eagerly anticipating the moment when I can "run out the guns," once more. 

Your somewhat humble but wholly obedient servant,

• 3 months later...

Such a promising start.... where are the WIS?

I assure you we continue to exist in a formal capacity; It is simply that we are in Port on Half-Pay until this Game reaches fruition.  In the meantime we drift from Publick House to Publick House engaging in various forms of entertainment.

• Like 2

Do any of you actually have the game?

I hope impertinence doesn't run so freely in your Squadron as it does in your question, sir.  But yes, most of us did purchase the Game.  We are not well suited for the business of testing, however, we were more than happy to offer our measly financial contribution to this Endeavor.

I hope impertinence doesn't run so freely in your Squadron as it does in your question, sir.  But yes, most of us did purchase the Game.  We are not well suited for the business of testing, however, we were more than happy to offer our measly financial contribution to this Endeavor.

"Impertinence".... please take no insult, where none is intended.

I think our concern, well mine certainly, was your absence ingame.

The more organised, professional guilds in game the better for all. I noted your announcement and was impressed by your demeanor and statement of intent. I just hoped you weren't a flash in the pan. I am glad that you are here to stay and are readying your fleet for action.

Sorry for my impertinence please forgive me, but for me I have seen many come and go already in this game. I am glad you are here to stay and hope any offence I may have caused can be overlooked I tend to say it as I see it which may come across a little impertinent.

Do any of you actually have the game?

This game is not yet in any condition for general use, thus we are not trying to recruit new men nor ruining the fun of existing members with playing this game until more of it's potential can be realized.  To bring in new players only to have them burn out on testing doesn't seem to be in the best interest of anyone.

Regardless, it is a wise thing to be polite, and a stupid thing to be rude.  To make enemies by unnecessary and willful incivility is just as insane as setting your own ship on fire.

I appreciate that you gentlemen are testing the game. 

W. A. Roberts

This game is not yet in any condition for general use, thus we are not trying to recruit new men nor ruining the fun of existing members with playing this game until more of it's potential can be realized.  To bring in new players only to have them burn out on testing doesn't seem to be in the best interest of anyone.

Regardless, it is a wise thing to be polite, and a stupid thing to be rude.  To make enemies by unnecessary and willful incivility is just as insane as setting your own ship on fire.

W. A. Roberts

Sir! I believe I have apologised for my uncivilised manner to the question posed and do protest at your continued remarks.

• 1 month later...

W. A. Roberts

Mr Roberts,

What wise words in regards of encouraging only the dedicated men and women that have a longing desire to sail the tall ship.

I would like to introduce myself as the Fleet Chaplain that is experienced in mediation and anything that may cause one to lose hope.

I do not evangelise my cause, but rather offer a wise old ear.

Enjoy your endeavours in the Caribbean and my you sails alway have favourable wind, your hull full of wonderful goods and most of all, at the end of the day an enjoyable tale to have with friends.