Game-Labs Forum

Pirates attacking Pirates

Hello, just now i joined a pirate v pirates encounter and decided to attack the 3 players who were attacking the npc pirate, i was in a lynx and the 3 other pirate players were in a trin , surprise and a con

it was mostly just for a bit of fun and i had tryed to roleplay a little before i attacked, but here is the thing i was told by these players they would report me..    so i'm not sure i did anything wrong and i have some screens to show what happened.

really if i did anything wrong then i am sorry, but honestly did these people really have to say they were going to report me. 

i have sent bug reports in my few days in the open world and this seems very childish of them to say such a thing during an Alpha test.

i ws under the impression that when we were pirates anything was fair game, even though i had no chance this seems a bit ott of these fine gentlemen.

Edit added 4th screen of them sinking me while i was alt tabbed.

Edited by Captain146

We did not complain about a pirate attacking a pirate - but about a pirate attacking his own team after joining in obviously "trollish" fashion. And that is why we said we'd report it, because as far as I heard, intentional friendly fire is not something that is appreciated.

To clarify: He was on the same side of the battle. Nobody complains about getting attacked in open world.

Edited by Tesh

Thank you, does this mean i did nothing wrong then?

Only Admin can rule on that, I'm just a player forum moderator.   :)

We did not complain about a pirate attacking a pirate - but about a pirate attacking his own team after joining in obviously "trollish" fashion. And that is why we said we'd report it, because as far as I heard, intentional friendly fire is not something that is appreciated.

To clarify: He was on the same side of the battle. Nobody complains about getting attacked in open world.

Trollish how?  You were in a battle, he came into the battle, and opened fire on you?  This is very in-line with Pirates and how they acted in my opinion.   :)  That said, please elaborate on exactly what happened so that we can better understand.

• Like 3

So you think a real world Lynx would engage 3 ships with a combined crew of approximately 25 times her crew, firepower, armor and so on? Besides, if admin rules that - friendly fire - in battle is the way to go, it will be good to know. 

Devs time and time again stated pirates on pirates action is expected if not encouraged. I see nothing wrong. Well...

While not directly wrong per se, you guys could try to talk it off. If not in the game, then at least in the forums. The guy asks a serious question, and you reply with naught but a smirks and cynical comments. If he was wrong, explain it calmly and state your opinion.

• Like 5

Guys, wait wait. But who is accusing who about what?

Chill ;D
He attacked.
He ded.
Someone wrote "i'll report ya", but didnt report.
Captain146 did report that someone wanted to report him.

Why is it even in tribunal?
If it was a question topic it should be in other part of forum.

It's again a problem with friendly fire between pirates etc.
If its legal.. You say I can jump in my bellona, attack lynx with rest of my team and let them farm damage on me untill the friendly damage exp wont be fixed?

Personally I dont see any problem and think all that silly situation turned in some dramatic theater.

Pirates do whatever they want, Maybe Tesh and Bart told to much saying about "reporting" but comone.

I dunno, maybe its because I play this game always a littlebit tipsy but even when Rakers and later USA raped my butt I was pretty happy that there was some decent battles.

ps.
Please tell me as you wrote it in latest post where I ruined your game. Because there is one thing with asking about team damage etc, but slightly different thing when You accuse me publicly about something.

• Like 3

So telling somebody you are going to report them which might lead to them possibly losing access, i would think that was harrasment, maybe you should be more careful what you say in the future.

Edited by Captain146
  • Like 1

Why would it be harassment? Nobody gets punished without cause. So the worst that could happen would be that someone would be bored by checking a case where nothing happened - and if it gets punished it was obviously right to report it. Don't see a problem there.

And still, the question about friendly fire persists. If it is legal I have a Bello waiting as well. Yarr.

Edited by Tesh

i'm deleting my pirate now anyway, i do not want to be on the same side as you 3, i'll enjoy sinking you in the future.

You are a pirate.  You are on no one's side but your own.  That's why you can attack them and get away with it.  That's why they can attack you and get away with it.  Pirates are KOS to everyone:  even neutrals and pirates.  That's what you signed up for when you decided to be a pirate.

If its legal.. You say I can jump in my bellona, attack lynx with rest of my team and let them farm damage on me untill the friendly damage exp wont be fixed?

Friendly fire doesn't count towards xp and gold.