Game-Labs Forum

3-way/multiple nation battles

I think that every nations, even which they are at war should be able of join forces against pirates in battle.

For example two cerberus, one spanish and one english meet a pirate surprise (but pirates should not have big ships...). They can make a truce for attack a bigger and common enemy. But the truce must maintain all battle, not only until the pirate sink.

God, You guys really don't like pirates xD

The idea is not so bad, but it also requires that pirates can join any nations battle.

About pirates only in small ships. I agree 102%, but now there is a problem with newest patch note, that allow big ships leave the battle vs small ships, without waiting.

The biggest pirate ship should be something between cerberus and suprise. I hope The rattlesnake will do, and will have access to shallow ports on bahamas.

That is not hate. Is that they are a common enemy and a big pirate ship  can destroy a cerberus and later destroy the other cerberus. It's a logic step for captains in weaker ships join to avoid lost and they have more days to resume their war.

I want a system for form alliances for multinational battles, not only agains pirates. But in the case of pirates any nation, even when at war, can form alliance. Is something logic I think. It has nothing to do, only, with my national navy role gaming.

If pirates couldn't have big ships, there's not need for truces or alliances. They simply avoid the war ships and attack trade ships... like real life.

The other day I was "ganked" by a constitution and trincomalee. I was in a cutter. I wrote ganked between quotes because I don't consider that pirates could be ganking or ganked, and they were drop at instance for a NPC pirate linx who attacks me. But they begin persecute me shooting chain at my sails.

The case is that I see as highly inmersion killer to see a constitution and trinco pirate fleet. And another pirate surprise that not enter in instace but they were patrolling the area. In a week they will be perharps three pirate Santisimas? Really?

And by the way, if pirates can sail fleets of santisimas, they are a nation in fact and I suggest remove pirates and make Portugal (for example) nation. Portugal maybe was too to south for this game, but big pirate ships are even "more to south".

Pirates may can be a sort of faction for misfits that break the rules. If the law-breaking is when they have a big ship, they maintain until they lost her. And only can buy until snows or cerberus or captured bigger ships but always at 60% crew.

The Santisima is restricted now, she is many expensive and you need have a minimun rank to sail her. I don't see many players with Bellonas and I think only one have a Victory, none have a santisima now.

In the future not all people will have biggest ships because they are slow and vulnerable if sail alone. They can't pursuit anyone and they will not a ganker tool.

Such ships will auto restrict by players common sense.

Pirate faction is another discussion.

Plenty of battles both land and sea had multiple nations as belligerents fighting on the same side as allies.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Toulon That is just one example.

The option to have allies and fight in the same battle with them should be in the game.

- Agreed. This is definitely needed.

I think experimenting with actual "three way battles" is a fine idea. It will be interesting to see how it works out.

eh, I think it should be backed up with an actual alliance system, not some on the spot I fight for you today because it is convenient but not tomorrow system that will be totally chaotic.

• Like 1

Like real past/present/future life. All actions are based in today's convenience, but you must think with care about be convenient for tomorrow if...

...a fame/infame with every nation system is implemented.

If you attack many times the same faction, you will be more infamous with them and harder or unable of join in alliance with them. If you help many times the same faction you will be more famous with them.

It can be too a tool for backup a diplomacy system when someone (devs, stats or player votes) decide the changes on general faction alliances.

This system could be paused with nations which you are in war because you only serve with your country. But if you truce and join forces for fight a common enemy (pirates), you can gain fame and contributes a bit to end of that war.

Edited by Siegfried