Game-Labs Forum

French translation

You're in Historicagames : http://www.histogames.com/HTML/news/2014/fevrier/004-a-la-decouverte-de-naval-action.php

But to interest french you will have to translate your website in french or ask people to help you translate it.

Into the french potbs squads it was really few people able to speak or understand english. As the population for this kinf of games is more around 40 years than 20, most people in our country may miss the game if you don't translate news in french.

French were one on the key population in potbs with russian and english speaking people. Don't make them miss your game!

• Like 2

You're in Historicagames : http://www.histogames.com/HTML/news/2014/fevrier/004-a-la-decouverte-de-naval-action.php

But to interest french you will have to translate your website in french or ask people to help you translate it.

Into the french potbs squads it was really few people able to speak or understand english. As the population for this kinf of games is more around 40 years than 20, most people in our country may miss the game if you don't translate news in french.

French were one on the key population in potbs with russian and english speaking people. Don't make them miss your game!

French is a must have language - as well as spanish and many others

we just don't have a french speaker who understands Age of Sail (yet) - team only speaks English, Russian and Ukranian right now.

• 4 months later...

Sure, I can understand this wish too. But I think in the beginning of this game it will be hard for the Producers to translate all the different languages. In a later time it is essential for the game to present the Forum in the most important languages. I hope for a german one.

• 2 weeks later...

French is a must have language - as well as spanish and many others

we just don't have a french speaker who understands Age of Sail (yet) - team only speaks English, Russian and Ukranian right now.

If your team research a French translator, or at least someone who speaks French, I would be interested to help the development team.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@Admin

I'm not able to translate from nothing (well i can but it will be painful), but i can correct the french part as i write it well. I know some people are better at translating from en > fr than writting in perfect french :P

If you use classic text files as in many games (Language=FR > boat="bateau";sail="voile" etc), we could create some shared files to work together (google doc, http://framapad.org/, http://pastebin.com/ or even a wiki you would host).

Either way, you'll have to define a protocol that suits you best

In the mean time I suggest we create a french speaking subforum here (you'll probably need to give moderator rights to some of us).

Probably not the most urgent thing to do, but it will help bringing french folks over here and as you don't speak french you won't have to to a lot. ;)

• Like 1

agreed its actually kinda nice like some sort of free training and scool in another foreign language.

but i'm more intressed in spanish since in my eyes the french say/pronounce something but write id kompletly diffrent down on paper

@Admin

I'm not able to translate from nothing (well i can but it will be painful), but i can correct the french part as i write it well. I know some people are better at translating from en > fr than writting in perfect french :P

If you use classic text files as in many games (Language=FR > boat="bateau";sail="voile" etc), we could create some shared files to work together (google doc, http://framapad.org/, http://pastebin.com/ or even a wiki you would host).

Either way, you'll have to define a protocol that suits you best

In the mean time I suggest we create a french speaking subforum here (you'll probably need to give moderator rights to some of us).

Probably not the most urgent thing to do, but it will help bringing french folks over here and as you don't speak french you won't have to to a lot. ;)

I've already talk to a moderator about creating a french sub forum, admins says that they plan to do it in a few weeks or so .

Mais qui Monsieur peut se targuer de maitriser parfaitement le français, je vous le demande? ce serait là un trait que je qualifierais de vaniteux, voir même de *cherche un mot d'esprit mais n'en trouve pas, puis décide de finir sur une rime* "vanitant", personne sauf peut être notre bon Roy bien évidement.

Serviteur Monsieur,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Sure, I can understand this wish too. But I think in the beginning of this game it will be hard for the Producers to translate all the different languages. In a later time it is essential for the game to present the Forum in the most important languages. I hope for a german one.

I am german and having read all the "Hornblower" series in german and all the Aubrey/Maturin series in contemporary english and having found a sailors dictionary from 1911 I offer my humble services for translation into german.

Not full time, but hobbywise which would hopefully still help to spread the word for this awesome game.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd volunteer to be at least temporary mod for Polish subforum if you make it and i could help with some translations.

It seems to me that you need all major EU languages, because that's what sells games now... While English is "common language" and is widely understood at least on basic level, majority of casual players still feels not comfortable with using it and prefers their own in forums/interface/portal etc.