Game-Labs Forum

Ship Crew Sizes & OW Ranks

Dom

• 2 weeks later...

Normally even on the biggest ship of the line there should be a Captain and the admiral is there also but his command is not the ship but the fleet if present!.
Captains is the commander of the ship and only his seniority in command if there is more than one present on board can decide how command.
There are also squadron admirals and the rear admiral could be one of them but this is not always this way.
And yes a crew member needs a certain grade per exams or seniority to command a certain class of ship or boat some stay stuck at allow grade because they cannot pass the exams to the next grade or other do not have the years to get the grade they deserve.
But this is the real world in the British navy in the French navy it depens the period before the revolution or after (shortly or longer after) in the USA in it also a question of the USA being at war or not.

I hope this helps. A. :huh:

Edited by Tryite

What about the other new ships? I see the Frigate but I don't see the Mercury or Renommee.

As mentioned before: 

Would love to see a list of ship equipment classes and cannon classes. It is confusing when for example a Brig is Class 6 but can only equip cannons of Class 7-9.

What about the other new ships? I see the Frigate but I don't see the Mercury or Renommee.

As mentioned before: 

Yeah I will attempt to add all of that in, I have found it a little troublesome to get my hand on one as the gold has been reset so I am still trying to get the crew size of the others now. But as I said before I will give the gun classes a go, will take some time but I will give it a go never the less! :) 

UPDATE: 

Santisima = 1100 BR not 1000.

:)

Thanks for the update Konali! If you guys do find out the battle ratings I am missing please send me a PM or just leave a reply here.

Edited by Dom

Flag Captain is merely a name for one of the Captains on an Admiral's flagship. I think that some have been confusing this rank with that of the Admiral's rank. Technically you could have multiple Flag Captains as they could be a Flag Captain in one battle and not another. It is much the same as Commodore in the fact that they are both temporary roles. Commodore/Senior Captain could be split if you would like to have a few more ranks. Therefore you would be Post, then Senior, Commodore and then Flag Captain (or reverse the two). Depending on age too we could go with. There are multiple forms of Captain as it would be based on years of service. A Captain of 1 year would have a different uniform that one of 3 years for example. So should you wish to split it into Captain (1), Captain (3+) and then move into higher ranks that could also be viable. 

You have to think that there should be roughly 3 Admirals per 20-25 players if we are to take the average of the time. Should you wish to get rid of a few then we could always do what was done to Byng, or as Voltaire so aptly put it "in this country, it is good to kill an admiral from time to time, in order to encourage the others".

I would like to see another ship, maybe two ships, to bridge the gap between the Pickle and a Brig. Something with a crew complement of around 85 to 110. A brig sloop or a sloop of war. As an alternative to buying next lvl ships you could capture one instead.

Edited by Nautilus818

• 3 weeks later...