Game-Labs Forum

Forum moderation and reporting

Dear Players

We don't have official rules (yet) 

The only rule currently is - try to be nice

If you feel you have been treated unfairly or badly by moderators or by other forum users please report the post stating the reason.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I have one suggestion to do:

let newcomers be unable to open new threads at this stage of your game's development.

Sometimes people open a whole new thread with a question wich is either beeing answered bevore or belongs in another, currently open thread.

I mean: just make newcomers have to post two or three posts. It discourages lazyness ;)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Twice now I've had substantial posts deleted, apparently by mistake. Only once was any explanation or apology given.

Mistakes do happen; I know, I've been a forum moderator and made my share  :P But I would like to strongly suggest that whenever it happens, someone on the moderator or administration team provide an explanation. It's only common courtesy, and the best moderation policy IMO is the most transparent one.

If you'd like assistance developing policy with regard to moderation, please feel free to contact me. I'd be more than happy to donate a little of my time and expertise.

Replied via PM as housekeeping details don't necessarily belong in an open forum :)

This is a good example of how pleasant our community is compared to most.

anywhere else, the admin would have had to force you to complain via PM by locking the topic, and/or deleting the post.

I hope the place can maintain this atmoshpere of respect in the future.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

This is a good example of how pleasant our community is compared to most.

anywhere else, the admin would have had to force you to complain via PM by locking the topic, and/or deleting the post.

I hope the place can maintain this atmoshpere of respect in the future.

Although I agree with this, but I find these sites (AFK Mods, TAL) too also have the same atmosphere as it's here on Game-Labs. :)

I would like to bring up something else that I notice today when I looked at the list of recent topics and what I'm talking about is of course what language should be used in a topic title, and AFAIK English is the most common used language for almost every forum on the internet today so why not have the same *rule* here too.