Game-Labs Forum

What music while playing Naval Action

Eyeless_Camper

I'm all about immersion, so here's the kinda stuff I'll be listening too.     ^_^

While just chasing the horizon:

While locked in an epic life or death battle:

Ok...I lied... There is one song that's not apart of my immersion factor...That I will most definitely play  :P

• Like 1

As I was driving home from work today, Dvorak's 7th symphony came on the radio.  If you've never heard it, because it isn't as popular as his 9th, strap in for a ride ;)

The finale brought to mind a Naval Action battle.  Moments of frantic activity (salvos) interspersed with moments of calmness as ships maneuver.

That ending though (7:59 on)...

Scene:  Two ships (third rates) close on each other, both already fairly beaten up, both intent on sinking the other.  Frantic maneuvers to gain any advantage to be had.  Broadsides fly, smoke everywhere.  As the last gun fires on his starboard side, the captain of the triumphant 74 turns his gaze to port.  Victory, double shot loaded, pistol shot range... FIRE! solid shot flies at the camera through a wall of smoke.  Naval Action rises from the smoke.  /scene  (timpani = guns)

Glorious!  :lol:

If one of our youtube wizards could make this, perfect promo/trailer for NA!

PS. Play on full volume for full effect.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Uhm.... 

Both Ubisoft sooo....

Anyway, They aren't the first to come to mind for 17th-19th century sailing, but I think a number of 2 Steps from Hell pieces would fit nicely.

This one happens to be my favorite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDnJp9404Xk

This one sound pretty good too, even has 'Pirate" in the name ;)

This one is also very good. There is also a version out there without the choir.

2 steps has some seriously good stuff that I think any gamer should look into. Epicness in music form

• 2 weeks later...

Running Wild...because awesome and so. Some good old Power Metal

also pretty awesome, a bit "heavier" and more recent: Orden Ogan.

I feel like my crew is working 100% harder with this :D

Oh and of course stuff like this ;)

But i really got some good ideas in this thread, gotta listen to some stuff now :)