Game-Labs Forum

What music while playing Naval Action

Eyeless_Camper

I shall undoubtedly be listening to the Master and commander soundtrack and more than likely dropkick murphy's Hang em' high.

Seeing as how I am apparently completely foxed by trying to embed videos I'm sure you gentlemen are more than capable of finding them ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Since the game doesn't have any background music at the moment, granted the shots flying is music enough, some may want a little accompaniment.

I enjoy sea shanties, but sometimes I prefer them with a twist.  Came across these guys back in 2008 when I started playing PotBS and have become one of my favorite band.  So, if you are into sailor songs with a kick, enjoy this little play-list of mine.  

Feel free to add more of your personal favorites or share your own playlists.  Hope you enjoy it.

• Like 2

There are so many great baroque composers that one could spend a lifetime sampling music from each and still  have not heard each gem.  By far my preferred musical style.  

There are the well known ones like Handel

But then you come across one you've never heard before and have to stop and admire the cheer beauty, sending you on a quest to find more from the composer.  Like this piece by Guillemain.

• Like 4

After seeing the title of this post, has me kind of curious about maybe the Victory At Sea soundtrack (and thus begins the internet rabbit hole / time sink of seeing if I can find, purchase and play it as background music while playing game.) Thoughts? Ideas?

Sorry if this has already been asked / answered... but are there plans to have any background music in the game?  If yes, then I'll hold off.

Regards all, Bob W. Bristol RI, US

After seeing the title of this post, has me kind of curious about maybe the Victory At Sea soundtrack (and thus begins the internet rabbit hole / time sink of seeing if I can find, purchase and play it as background music while playing game.) Thoughts? Ideas?

Just for you :)

The old Microprose game Pirates! had a pretty nice soundtrack, with pieces from Händel, Bach, etc. I generally like the classical/baroque composers. More modern: The AC 4 piece that plays when engaging the legendary ships, just feels so epic:

Blast from the past!  How many of you ever played Tides of War from 1998?  It was loosely based on the war of the Spanish Succession with an entirely open world loosely based on, well ours ^_^

Some of it was cheesy, like the Spanish being called the Darn Empire.  Still, the ability to sail from London to Sydney and anywhere in between with diverse nations, friend and foe, was mind blowing.  It didn't hurt that it had a great story line and that intro!  I didn't sleep for two days and played the sucker through, still have my cd's.  You went from piloting a cutter to a first rate.  You had to manage provisions, ammo, crew, repairs, morale.  The controls were arcade for sure, but you had to manage the wind, which was tied to your geographical location and time of day.  For its day, and in the genre, hell of a game!  Still have fond memories of it.

(looks very dated these days  :D )

Here's a playlist for the soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA62CBD841B5DEAA0

And a small sample

EDIT: You can actually get it here from Old-games.com.

• Like 1